recommend a multi tool for all round bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
I will say that if your're thinking of buying one use this company : http://www.shop4leatherman.co.uk/ They are very good and their customer service is superb! No connection etc.

Before you think about getting one think about what you'd be using it for. For instance for mine I have used it for squaring off the back of my knife to use as a firesteel striker, I used the file. I use it for moving pots and pans and other camp chores so I use the pliers etc etc.

The tool I have is a core http://www.shop4leatherman.co.uk/leatherman_core.html . Before I was bought this I was thinking of getting one of the more expensive ones but I'm glad I didn't because you find you don't use half the stuff on there, and the Core is so flaming bomb proof I wouldn't swap it for anything! So my advice is to get the one you will get the most use out of, and don't pay an extra 60 quid for one because it has a few more tools that you may never use, depends what you need it for :D

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
I like SAKs and have two champs, but have to say that the pliers on the Champ are pants compared to those on a Wave or Charge. I'd much rather have a champ minus the pliers which take up too much width and weight for the limited utility.

I loved the original wave and after mine was lifted by a Brittany baggage handler, I looked for another. Could only find the new one with the replaceable bits so ended up with a Charge Ti as it gave me more for my money. Lovely tool.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I'm watching this one with interest because, bushcrafty or not, I am in the market for a multitool. It would appear that Leatherman gets the thumbs up from nearly every one over the Victorinox version. I think I might go for one of the more modestly equipped ones because the pliers are the main point of interest for me - but which one: Fuse? Any of the other, more lowly models? Is Leatherman the maker of choice or should I look at other offerings from other manufacturers?

Any help gratefully received!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I'm watching this one with interest because, bushcrafty or not, I am in the market for a multitool. It would appear that Leatherman gets the thumbs up from nearly every one over the Victorinox version. I think I might go for one of the more modestly equipped ones because the pliers are the main point of interest for me - but which one: Fuse? Any of the other, more lowly models? Is Leatherman the maker of choice or should I look at other offerings from other manufacturers?

Any help gratefully received!

I use an original Leatherman PST but to be honest only use the blade (very sharp) and pliers bits, the rest are redundant. Gerber make some good mulitools and are worth looking at.

hurplegrappers

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2010
R.C.T. South Wales
Got my Charge TTi from Amazon for £99 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Leatherman-830684-Charge-Leather-Sheath/dp/B000LGBPZC
). Just checked the order details in my emails and this is what it was:

"1 of Leatherman 830684 Charge TTi with Leather Sheath and Gift Tin,
£99.99*

*above item(s) sold by and shipped from Deals Galore LTD.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Item Subtotal: £99.99
Shipping & Handling: £6.15
Total: £106.14"

I pondered choosing a multi tool for a few months, read loads of reviews etc etc... I'm more than happy with my choice. The build quality of this Leatherman is superb. This thing will last a lifetime. Highly recommended and btw the gift tin is ace too, I use it to store bits & bobs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE