Recipes for partridge

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Got given a brace of partridge today from a lad at work who was on a shoot yesterday.

Anybody got any tasty recipes I could try ?

I was thinking of just pan frying the breasts with some shallots and roast tatties.

Om nom nom :)

Apr 2, 2007
lincs
hi

my way with partridge is to hang for max 7 days, skin and draw devide each bird into 2

fry 1 onion sliced with clove of garlic ( I use 2 ) untill soft in olive oil then add to casserole
fry to seal the partridge and add to the casserole degalze the frying pan with vintage dry cider and add to casserole with enough cider to just cover the birds add button mushrooms 2 bay leaf and fresh thyne or 1/2 tea spoon dried. lid on casserole and cook in centre of oven at 160 deg C for 45 min or untill tender. Once cooked remove birds and reduce the stock and add a little plain flour to make gravy. If you use cast Iron casserole you can cook on top of the stove or on open fire.

The partridge although small I think is the best eating - this recipie also works well with Pheasent

enjoy Cliffc

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That does sound tasty Cliff, thanks for that :)

Just got them hanging in the shed at the moment and will be dressing them tomorrow afternoon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE