Recent Leatherwork

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Morning Guys and Gals

These are my latest efforts for ......ME.

I've been meaning to get around to finishing my belt carry for a while but with orders form other people etc, its taken me a while lol.

But here it is ........ finally (sorry about the crap pictures, always dark when i'm at home these days)
20131119_222549.jpg20131119_222602.jpg20131119_222611.jpg20131119_222631.jpg20131119_222556.jpg

Any thoughts critique from the other leatherworkers here would be appreciated.

The knife goes on my pants belt and the saw and axe go on my outer belt over my smock.

Thanks for looking

Dave

Attachments

• 20131119_222623.jpg
    20131119_222623.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 12

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Very, very nice mate. I might of done the axe work in black, for a matching set. Saying that I couldn't do such quality work so ignore me.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Very, very nice mate. I might of done the axe work in black, for a matching set. Saying that I couldn't do such quality work so ignore me.

No worries mate, they are all actually the same colour lol (pics are carp) the axe kit has seen a little more sun so will have lightened a shade or 2 but other than that they look like a matching set.

Thanks

Dave

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
thanks chaps, maybe that should be my next project "Take good photos" lol

Mind you I'm sure i've got some mates that take a decent snap...........on no forgot i havent got any mates lol

Thanks Guys

Dave

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Its much harder i find to take photos indoors - natural light is so much better.
But at this time of the year its finding that 5 minute weather window. Its blowing a gale here and the hale is coming-in sideways.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yo....same problem here....trying to get decent product photography done in the uk for 6 solid months is a nightmare at this time of year....i've already got a plastic box siting here filling up with finished stuff that i cant process and upload for sale because of the darn weather....it makes a piece of artwork look like its worth about a quid.

from what i can see, solid work m8....but are they poppers on the axe belt loop front....not sure about that from a safety p.o.v. but i'm sure i know why youve chosen that option....difficulty constructing the item a different way?.....very unsafe for say, a tree surgeon....though for personal use, of course its up to you....

now popping out to buy dave a minilighting indoor studio kit (like the one i've borrowed from me mate to see me thru the grey winter)

first rule of bushcraft.....''when in doubt, borrow it of ya mate....''...lol

regards

s

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
yo....same problem here....trying to get decent product photography done in the uk for 6 solid months is a nightmare at this time of year....i've already got a plastic box siting here filling up with finished stuff that i cant process and upload for sale because of the darn weather....it makes a piece of artwork look like its worth about a quid.

from what i can see, solid work m8....but are they poppers on the axe belt loop front....not sure about that from a safety p.o.v. but i'm sure i know why youve chosen that option....difficulty constructing the item a different way?.....very unsafe for say, a tree surgeon....though for personal use, of course its up to you....

now popping out to buy dave a minilighting indoor studio kit (like the one i've borrowed from me mate to see me thru the grey winter)

first rule of bushcraft.....''when in doubt, borrow it of ya mate....''...lol

regards

s

Lol yeah the mini studio would be ace, the pop studs are there on purpose, i had a stitched loop (which is a bit trickier to construct but not much) and whilst more secure, sometimes when i'm processing wood in a tight spot (dead standing in a thickly wooded area etc.) getting it out of the loop was a little difficult, this way i can pop the studs and have it free in very little room, i would never advise this for any other axe due to head weight but it work perfectly for the hawk (lighter head), been using this setup for over a year and never had it open on mine or those I've done for folk (unless they wanted it to of course lol), I do stitched loops too i just prefer this setup.

Definitely need to work on my photographic skills though lol

Dave

Last edited:

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
as for the light I completely agree it works better only issue is its dark now and i wont finish for another hour at least lol. Hate this time of year for this reason lol

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE