recent commsion

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i was asked by one of the members on bb to make a leather sheath for a recent knife that he had aquired from stu michell, he sent me a pm to let me no the kind of thing that he does, he works a lot out doors with dear and that sort of thing, he had a look through me pics, and said that he like my multicarry system.
i think for what he intends to use this knife and sheath for it will suit his purpose perfectly.
as there are so many options that he can do with this sheath, as in the carry options, it has a pouch for a dc4, and a firesteel holder that accommodates the light my fire army fire steel, he wanted it, in a nice dark brown, as the sheath will get dirty, it has been finished with a new product that i found that helps enormously with this type of environment, its a snow seal made by fiebings, as i only really use there products it pleased me to find this.
its has a retractable retainer to aid with deployments, and to keep it out of the way when drawing the knife.
this system can be taken apart, and you can just use the sheath on its own, its pals and molle compatible.
he also wanted black hardware, as any leather worker will no, its extremely difficult to get this in small quantities, so i had to find a product that would make the the brass hardware black for him.
i have not used this before so not sure how it will hold up, but i try my best to help my customers out where i can.
as for the knife i have to say the fit and finish is outstanding, and is up there with the best i have seen, the ergonomics, are superb.
hope you like it.

multi carry for stu mitchell, bushcrafter by lucky_lee, on Flickr

014 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

015 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

019 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

021 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

023 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

024 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

025 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

029 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

031 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

034 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

036 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

037 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome.
take care.
lee.

Last edited:

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Cracking work as always mate. I really like the black hardware on it. Your multicarrys are the best Ive seen and theyre even better in the flesh. :)

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Cracking work as always mate. I really like the black hardware on it. Your multicarrys are the best Ive seen and theyre even better in the flesh. :)
thanks mate, it is apreciated, i'm looking into investing into something that i can make my own black hardware, just trying to work out whether the initial outlay will be worth it, and whether i can off set the cost.
as it is so hard to get small quantities of the stuff that i need, you can get it but you have to order 20,000 parts, of each item, now i like to look after my custmers, but i can't justify that. lol, me and my kids, and there kids, would not get through that much lol.
as where possible i like to use brass based if i can.
take care bud.
lee.

stekker

Forager
Aug 21, 2009
holland
What a beautiful leatherworking skills!
It seems the marriage between your sheath and Stu's knive was successful.
I envy the new owner of this set.

Gr. Theo.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE