reccommend me a fenix please!?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Hi All,

I am going to get my Wife a Fenix (Decided on a fenix for the easily attainable accessories) I am after any usefull feedback from any of you who use them for which one to get please!;)

We both have the EO5 which is very impressive but she is after something larger (ooo-er!), AA powered-preferably 2 AA, powerfull and robust (She is a copper and garanteed it will be used on duty)

Thanks in Advance

Marc

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I use a L2D.
I've been using it for years, it's been battered about and still going strong.
It runs off 2 AA batteries, and has 6 modes (Low, medium, high, turbo, sos, and strobe)

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
Have you considered the 4Sevens Quark range???? They come in AA and CR123. Flashaholics do them.

I have a 123^2 Tactical and like it a lot. I'm planning on the Regular Quark as well as a Mini sometime soon.

I also own and until recently used a Fenix P1D daily.

Last edited:

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I'm using the LD2, and have been for several years. It's a great light but it's been upgraded by an even better specified one that I'd buy if I could justify having a new one when the old is still working.

The new light is the LD20 R5. It runs on two easy to find AA batteries and give out an amazing 205 lumens on turbo mode (you'll need fairly fresh batteries for this mode). It has the usual multiple output levels, a feature that I find incredibly useful and the same accesories will fit it.

There's several UK shops selling these lights but if you want you can take a chane on eBay and get one shipped in for a lower price.

http://www.fenixtorch.co.uk/led_torches/fenix-ld20-r4.html

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Sorry no you can't if it's the newer version 1 year old with the pocket clip I sent one back (body) to HH and they credited money back to account (good of them) as the body and head have different threads - how stupid ? but so saying it's an amazing torch
cheers Danny

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Should have mentioned earlier!!

I got her the LD20, pretty amazing really and would reccommend it!

I have the Quark 2 AA one, brilliant torch but for me the Fenix edges it for performance/output & ease of use/swapping beam strengths & to strobe mode.

BorisTheBlade

Dec 3, 2010
London
I have the HL 20 (r4 bulb). It runs off 1 AA batt that will last 55 hours on low power (more than good enough to read with) and 3 other settings. On full power it shines something like 200 ft for 2 hours I think. Compact, bombproof and efficient. £37 ish in Hennie Haynes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE