Real Beer, or Ale as it where...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
I can't believe I forgot to mention Theakston's Old Peculiar in my last post. One of my all time favourites.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Back in the day, Hopback in Salisbury turned out what was quite possibly one of the best bitters I've ever tasted. Doing the real-ale rounds in the early nineties was 'Summer Lightning', a pale, keen, hoppy bitter of around 6%. Utterly gorgeous!

These days I've mellowed a bit and am perfectly content with a bottle or two of Badger Golden Champion.

Last edited:

max whitlock

Feb 28, 2010
Teesside
+1 for the Badger Golden Champion - Bager Ales do a few nice ones

Max
Back in the day, Hopback in Salisbury turned out what was quite possibly one of the best bitters I've ever tasted. Doing the real-ale rounds in the early nineties was 'Summer Lightning', a pale, keen, hoppy bitter of around 6%. Utterly gorgeous!

These days I've mellowed a bit and am perfectly content with a bottle or two of Badger Golden Champion.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I'm more of a cider man myself. The local co-op has had a special offer on Weston's Premium Organic 2 bottles for 3GBP since time immemorial now. They also have there own brand from time to time which is worth a punt.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Yep, I do enyoy a Cider too! (Along with most booze really)

Westons Organic Still Vintage Cider is a rather good tipple too... al.

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
Fullers' beers are well worth trying, London Pride is best served in a pub but the bottle is fine, their ESB is good and their 1845 but that could be a tad rich for someone getting used to bitter.

Fullers/Gales HSB is good in my opinion.
problem I have is that I only know one place that does it :(

ringwood best bitter is annother of my favorites.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE