Ready meals

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
4,316
1,000
West Midlands UK
Found these at Morrisons, tried the spicy Mexican, very nice supposedly for two but plenty for one. But the best thing for me is the price, £2 per bag! In my opinion better value and very tasty compared to some of the more well known offerings. So went back and got a few more! ;

 
Found these at Morrisons, tried the spicy Mexican, very nice supposedly for two but plenty for one. But the best thing for me is the price, £2 per bag! In my opinion better value and very tasty compared to some of the more well known offerings. So went back and got a few more! ;

That's a good find. Compares very favourably to the wayfayrer boil in bags in terms of calories, and a bit cheaper too. I find the wayfayrers tasty but a bit on the greasy side, which makes my stomach feel disquieted. So I'll be trying these.
 
Found these at Morrisons, tried the spicy Mexican, very nice supposedly for two but plenty for one. But the best thing for me is the price, £2 per bag! In my opinion better value and very tasty compared to some of the more well known offerings. So went back and got a few more! ;

I like to have them with some home made marinated lamb kebabs or a nice rib eye steak from Aldi added, maybe some flat bread to scoop it up with.
 
  • Like
Reactions: woodspirits
I do have them when I’m on an overnight, it just fills the gap between a properly cooked meal and a ready meal, adding some “carbohydrate” to the meat , although, to be honest, I’ve not checked what it is, but it replaces the potato and veg or salad I’d normally have with a nice steak. :)
 
I do have them when I’m on an overnight, it just fills the gap between a properly cooked meal and a ready meal, adding some “carbohydrate” to the meat , although, to be honest, I’ve not checked what it is, but it replaces the potato and veg or salad I’d normally have with a nice steak. :)

Or the almost obligatory tins of all day breakfast or beans and sausage.;) plenty of choice out there, but these will do me for a while.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: matarius777

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE