Ray Mears Series Two DVD's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Have just received my copy of the current series on DVD, which is handy as I've managed to miss three episodes.

In addition to the episodes most of you will have seen theres about an hour of extras, covering diverse topics such as 'axe sharpening', 'making a match box from birch etc. I've only watched a couple of these but they seem well filmed and informative.

M

marcja

Mines a fathers day present, so should have it in the next couple of weeks. I've read about the extras and they sound quite good, plus I too managed to miss a few episodes so I'm quite looking forward to it.

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
There's some nice stuf on there. I was rather taken by the ash bark container. I got to thinking " ash bark + brewers pitch = bushcraft tankard for homebrew".
Hmmmmm....

Ed W

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2005
West Yorkshire
Got mine today too.

Extras are really good on this one better than on the first series. I'll be making some of those containers this weekend.

GrahamD

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 2, 2004
Sussex
Yep got mine last night, had to fight my son over which to watch, as we were watching the DVD of "Long Way Round" until the DVD crashed. We watched the Axe bits - really good and informative, crammed full of info, and also the matchbox from Birch Bark - but Ray using PVA glue :eek:

Oh yes, my son did win a little - we watched selected bits of the Ray Goodwin Canoe journey...

Graham.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Got mine too last night. Gave them straight to young Mike. We've agreed not to watch the extras untill we can watch together. I know he watched the canoe trip, he's very into canoes right now, he's on a school trip to the Ardeche in a few weeks, lucky devil.

Excellent service as usual from Woodlore.

Dave

RJP

Jan 22, 2004
Kent
I got mine yesterday, and watched half of the extras. I think the extras really make these DVDs. They are really good and back up some of the info I always want to ask questions about, eg. sharpening.
I shall enjoy watching some more tonight!
Plus great service, they have all arrived a day ahead of the predicted!
RJP.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Got mine too, liked the extras very much. Finally saw the canoe building episode :)

snag68

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2005
Birmingham UK
Are the DVDs on general release yet? or just available through Bushcraft at present?

I saw the release date was the 8th June but none of my local DVD stockist have it on their systems never mind the shelves.

Dazz

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
I think most people who have seen this DVD already ordered it directly from Woodlore before the release date. I did and received it literally on the 8th!

Bob :)

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Are the extras really extras then? On the Extreme Survival disks there are "skills sets" which are just taken from the episodes themselves.

snag68

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2005
Birmingham UK
Bob said:
I think most people who have seen this DVD already ordered it directly from Woodlore before the release date. I did and received it literally on the 8th!

Bob :)

Cheers Bob, I'm waiting for WHSmith to get it, only because I'm a skin flint and have vouchers for them.. :cool:

Dazz

Mmm skin flint, I wonder if that saying has a bushcrafty origin.. :D

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Biddlesby said:
Are the extras really extras then? On the Extreme Survival disks there are "skills sets" which are just taken from the episodes themselves.
Yep, all new stuff.

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
Got mine Thurs and watched the Birchbark canoe with my 5 year old daughter who now wants me to make her one of those to go with the little bushcraft knife I made and she purloined!

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
She is contenting herself rewatching the prog! Though did make me light the garden bonfire with fire steel and tinder earlier!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE