Ray mears and Ewan Mccregor on tv now

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
"Trips Money Can`t Buy" was the Ray and Ewan program I think. :rolleyes:

I only ever saw snippets of it and would really like to sit and watch it right through one day.

Is it available on DVD does anyone know, not looked yet as I`m all googled out today. :sulkoff:

Rich

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
I don't think it's on DVD, no.

The rest of this post is a bit London-centric, s0rry about that.

It's mentioned in the BFI database however, but I don't know if that means that it's
possible to arrange a viewing of it* (not all databased items are archived on site) at
the British Film Institute's headquarters in London in the way that it's possible to
watch other documentaries and programmes at the British or Wellcome Libraries
also in London.

I've watched quite a lot of stuff at the Wellcome (science / medical programmes)
and a single episode of Ray's "World of Survival" at the Brit. Lib (they have two
episodes).

http://ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/title/720646

This bit isn't so Londoncentric but is a tad Canadian.

It seems to be shown, occasionally, on OLN (Outdoor Life Network) which is
apparently an English language Canadian cable TV channel.

*I shall ask them.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
They do show it (and a whole load of other programmes too) you have to book two weeks
in advance, it costs £10 plus VAT and you probably have to come up with some spurious
'research based' reason for wanting to watch it. The person I spoke to was a teensy bit
snippy with me (I think she felt I should have seen on the website that her service was
for research purposes only) but I thought there was no point pretending I wanted to watch
it for some great high-minded studious reason :p

http://www.bfi.org.uk/nftva/access/rvs.html

I might have a look at it at some point in the future... it always amazes me when people
make my giving them money an uphill struggle. Same with the BBC's reluctance to
release stuff on DVD or make it available via paid-for legal downloads (which they are
already doing for a number of other programmes, including Tribe) - I have the money, they
have the footage - it can't be that hard to get the two together :D

I spent a very happy hour at BFI's Mediatheque a little while back, watching old social
documentaries from the sixties - all free.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE