Mercia
Can't you just hear the "caw"?

Noisy git!

1672085430_8f0ad60d8c.jpg

Red

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I reccon thats a rook, Red. More of a pointed beak on a rook, also looks like grey on the beak, but that may be the light....Fast becomming one of my fav birds. I find them facinating. Was watching a big group of them a couple of weeks ago riding the thermals with 3 buzzards nearby...The rooks were going higher and higher, every time they hit the thermal, you could see them get lifted up several feet at a time, but every so often they would dive bomb each other, obviously playing and having a great time...I know they are not the farmers best friend, but I think they are great...

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
I am going to have to look up the difference between a rook and a crow and the other
ones, ravens, as basically they're all black birds (but not blackbirds) to me!

We get some pretty biggish ones in Blackheath - they are like large lumps of coal
(jet / matt-black beauties) that bounce around the heath - I think they could be quite
intimidating in large numbers. I'd always assumed they were crows.

We also get loads of Canada geese and ducks, and the year before last, 12 ducklings
on the main pond!

Well... the ones we get look quite a bit like ravens, but that can't be right?!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Your probably right Jon - I'm rubbish at telling crows from rooks - I know me jackdaws, ravens, magpies jays and even hoodies. But crows for rooks - nah :eek:

Red

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE