Ration pack

Lee_shanahan

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2007
South Wales
Just got a British Army Ration Pack off my mates father, fairplay cant fault it, loads of useful items init that can prove useful, i think i might take it with me on the next bushmoot as a day pack. ( cheers Rik :You_Rock_ )

Jackdaw

You may well want to keep it for when you are doing something a little more taxing as from what I have been told, they hold around 5000 calouries if you consume everything. I generally find myself leaving some behind when on exercise or ops as you can eat too much!
Have fun with it though.

Jackdaw

Lee_shanahan

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2007
South Wales
:eek: 5000 calories bloody hell, better watch my figure when i eat it lol. some good kit in it as well ( water purifier, water/wind proof matches ect)

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Break the kit down - you can spread the use of it over a few trips. It's always useful to have a couple of snacks you can munch on rather than relying totally on what you can forage.

I think the arctic rations were about 5000 calories - the standard packs are closer to 3000. Which is still plenty!

P

peterfedric

:eek: 5000 calories bloody hell, better watch my figure when i eat it lol. some good kit in it as well ( water purifier, water/wind proof matches ect)

5000 calories are not too much dear. And you can easily burn the unnecessary calories by working out which also make you in correct shape. When we were in scount we ate much more than this. But we have to do so many activities throuout the day we loose weight rather than put on.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
i did an experiment to see if it was possible to follow the menu as a civvy with modest to high activity, my word theres a lot in there to eat! i did the 3 meals and was so stuffed by the end of the day that the thought of eating anything else filled me with more dread than having to eat the syrup pudding again! but damn good value, if you consider the type of boil in the bags available from outdoors stores, roughly £3.50 for one meal, then you look at the rat pack and see all that for about a tenner, i think they are a star buy! helps that i like wet dinners also, if you prefer a well presented selection of sandwiches and finger food they aren't for you.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
lol! i obviously didn't! well, i hope they have lived a happy 3 years on rat packs since thread opened! hahaha, bet they don't by much toilet roll!
:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE