Random confessions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
I sure hope 'Violetta' is a variety of potato. The alternative -that you named it out of attachment is, well..:cool:

Reactions: Kadushu

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Real horror? A medical office has a McDonalds on display . I forget details, but it’s sat there many years unspoiled because of all the
Preservatives.
A coroner lecturing said humans are so full of them the normal decomposition times had to be recalibrated.
I’m off to the market. Fresh food only!

Reactions: Robbi and Kadushu

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
We had a Rowntree's black cherry jelly block in the fridge.
It was in there for a good few weeks.
Then one morning, as I was leaving for work, I took it and ate it. 'It's been there weeks', I thought to myself, 'she won't know'.
Couple of days later I was asked in a less that conciliatory voice, 'have you had that jelly from the fridge? I was going to do something with that.'
'What jelly?' I say with my best puppy eyes.
'I'm sure there was a black cherry jelly in there.'
'Nah,' I say, 'I haven't seen it.'
'Hmm...' she says.
But I had.
It was me.
I had it and I threw the wrapper away in the bin at work so she wouldn't find it and tell me off.

Phew, it feels good to get confession off my chest.

bearbait

We had a Rowntree's black cherry jelly block in the fridge.
It was in there for a good few weeks.
Then one morning, as I was leaving for work, I took it and ate it. 'It's been there weeks', I thought to myself, 'she won't know'.
Couple of days later I was asked in a less that conciliatory voice, 'have you had that jelly from the fridge? I was going to do something with that.'
'What jelly?' I say with my best puppy eyes.
'I'm sure there was a black cherry jelly in there.'
'Nah,' I say, 'I haven't seen it.'
'Hmm...' she says.
But I had.
It was me.
I had it and I threw the wrapper away in the bin at work so she wouldn't find it and tell me off.

Phew, it feels good to get confession off my chest.
One hopes, for your sake, that "she who won't know" doesn't visit BCUK. Otherwise I imagine that a sincere act of contrition may be in order...

• Haha
Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
I suppose my confession is I went camping last week... we slept in the van 3 nights in various "wild" locations, then once in the tent in a campsite...

I felt rather fraudulent really... although looking at the "tent" monstrosities I witnessed at the campsite, we were extremely under equipped...

I did laugh at the fact it took us about 5 mins to put up our small tent (but if faffing trying to remember what was what), and people were looking in amazement that we weren't unveiling west wings, and right wings and 2nd floors and all like the rest of them... some folk (2 families together I suppose) nearby had 2 SUV's, two large trailers, 2 humongous tents, windbreaks and what I can only describe as an entire kitchen but in camping form... literally, drawers, work surfaces, hobs, a sink and a bbq thing...

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I suppose my confession is I went camping last week... we slept in the van 3 nights in various "wild" locations, then once in the tent in a campsite...

I felt rather fraudulent really... although looking at the "tent" monstrosities I witnessed at the campsite, we were extremely under equipped...

I did laugh at the fact it took us about 5 mins to put up our small tent (but if faffing trying to remember what was what), and people were looking in amazement that we weren't unveiling west wings, and right wings and 2nd floors and all like the rest of them... some folk (2 families together I suppose) nearby had 2 SUV's, two large trailers, 2 humongous tents, windbreaks and what I can only describe as an entire kitchen but in camping form... literally, drawers, work surfaces, hobs, a sink and a bbq thing...
They were not camping! Mind you I've even seen TV 's in some tents, and they annoyed the whole site by running a genny for hours while they watched it!
I had the tiniest tent on a site last weekend. Took me less than 5 mins to pitch, and another 5 to get sorted with my kit. While other arrivals spent hours trying to get their bungalows set up, blowing up divan size air bed, and arranging pillows and duvets. Mad!
I felt very smug. Is that bad?

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
@Woody girl
Totally agree.
There reaches a level where I think there is no point in putting in the effort and finance involved...

Admittedly I can somewhat understand how it must occur, family holiday, trying to keep children and partner (who might be less inclined) happy, thinking if you set up for a week and you drive to the site, why not bring the kitchen sink and more...

But overall, I'd much rather have my comfy cosy small tent and the ease of putting it up and taking it down.

Reactions: Kadushu

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
The two extremes: 1. ultra lighters who want to shave off every last gram until they're sleeping in a bin liner and cooking grains of rice one by one in a thimble.

2. family glampers who basically hate camping so they move house into temporary fabric clad accommodation in a field.

Somewhere between the two lies a happy medium.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE