Quick one nighter

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I managed to get a quick overnighter in my small perm - it meant missing the rugby but then , sometimes you just have to prioritize!
I did a bit of whitting using my new Sheep Shears knife ( the blade chipped where there was a flaw in the steel ... as expected!) and my Fieldcrafter, did a bit of photography, tracked down the tree where the woodpeckers are building their nest and read "Call of the Wild" ... and chilled!
001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg038.jpg039.jpg040.jpg041.jpg042.jpg043.jpg049.jpg053.jpg054.jpg055.jpg

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Great stuff john! Love the Woodspirit! :)

I watched England and Italy, and France and Ireland after a trip out, was gutted England came second overall, if only the last french try wasn't a forward pass, we'd have won.

Love the fieldcrafter knives too! :)

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
vagynanu.jpg

Love this he looks very serious ha

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Nice report John, and good pics, you were blessed with the weather. I'm glad to see your chair survived the storms.

Thanks for the comments folks :)
The chair survived the storms thanks to it being in my small perm - it was the big perm got hammered with 50% casualties to the trees ... the small perm only lost about 1% and none came down on my camp area :)
As to Call of the Wild - it is one of my all time favourite stories, along with White Fang, and I have the two in one volume... which is starting to fall apart with excessive reading!

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I should say that Mr Fenna was probably referring to the Wales/Scotland game!

Lovely pics John and that face reminds me of somebody, just can't think who.

The moon was superb over the weekend wasn't it? I was out too (listened to the rugby on my little portable radio) but didn't spend the time so productively although I did start on a new shelter after my old one fell victim to the winter storms.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well - I actually missed all the games ... the Ireland match sounds more watching fun than the Wales one ... at least from the reports I have heard (it is a good thing the Missus likes the 6 Nations :) ) and the score lines!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Blimey, have you re-sited to Easter Island? Love that carving!
I describe my "Small Gods" (not "wood-spirits as they don't have beards ... ) a fusion of Easter Island, West African and Celtic influenced carving...
The items I did this time I will be selling at my next craft fair, described as a large pot stirrer/spurtle and a small bark peeler/spud.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Thanks for sharing John , the pictures have a real feel. Sometimes all we need is natures company. Cheers

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'm with the others Mr Fenna, great pic and report. Looks like a relaxing yet productive trip. Nice to see the shearing knife in action, pity about the chip! Great carving too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE