Question On Swedish M90 Parka?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Monk

Forager
Jun 20, 2004
outandabout
Hi!
Viking was showing a pic of a Swedish parka I think referred to as M90? question, is the lining removeable in the parka? Attached hood? Any idea what's the mix of the material...polyester/cotton shell or all cotton? It looks like an ideal outer shell for bushcraft..cheap and tough! I did own at one time a Swedish greatcoat lined in sheepskin..great heavy twill material on the outside that was briar proof...sheepskin lining was stitched in so only good for below zero weather!
Monk

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Monk said:
Hi!
Viking was showing a pic of a Swedish parka I think referred to as M90? question, is the lining removeable in the parka? Attached hood? Any idea what's the mix of the material...polyester/cotton shell or all cotton? It looks like an ideal outer shell for bushcraft..cheap and tough! I did own at one time a Swedish greatcoat lined in sheepskin..great heavy twill material on the outside that was briar proof...sheepskin lining was stitched in so only good for below zero weather!
Monk

No it has no removable liner, the shell is made out of 50/50 poly/cotton and the rest of the jacket is made out of polyamid and polyester. These jackets are very warm and are mostly often used during longer breaks in the winter or when standing still for a longer period of time. During summertime the jacket can also be used as a sleeping bag.

simonsays

Forager
Sep 9, 2004
sunderland
Viking said:
No it has no removable liner, the shell is made out of 50/50 poly/cotton and the rest of the jacket is made out of polyamid and polyester. These jackets are very warm and are mostly often used during longer breaks in the winter or when standing still for a longer period of time. During summertime the jacket can also be used as a sleeping bag.

Hi Viking I have one of the older jackets that you had in your picture and the liner is most certainly removable (Its buttoned in place). The liner is made of thick fibre pile backed with canvas and the outer is another layer of canvas. The jacket is exceedingly warm and almost reaches my knees.... Sadly It is also very heavy and quite bulky. I believe Surplus and Adventure are selling them for £15 at the moment

Cheers,
simon

simonsays

Forager
Sep 9, 2004
sunderland
Viking said:
Yea, but that the old m59 model on the new m90 there is no button in liner. The m59 is really warm, but is way to heavy to carry.

Ah, I see what you mean about the m90 being made differently. Do you know if its much lighter than the older model?

Cheers,
simon

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I have the M59, Viking is most definitely correct in saying it is heavy! I've got mine for driving my 1976 landrover in winter. It's no use at all if you're walking around. Might be OK for pigeon decoying on frosty days. Mind you, it's a lot of coat for the £12.50 it cost me.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE