PVC Flute in response to the fun challenge thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Over in the fun challenge thread Treestalker challenged me to make a musical instrument.

I had some PVC pipe left over from making the snapshot bow do decided to make a flute.

A quick bit of research lead me in the right direction and I set about it.

I cut 15 inches of PVC pipe 3/4inches in diameter. I then marked the holes and took a drill to them. Then I have used cork to plug the other end and it was done.

It does make sound but it takes a lot of adjustment to the blowing technique to get It to do so. Just a lot more practice now to get proficient with it.

The Flute
bcde92b1-59a9-eb40.jpg

The Corked End
bcde92b1-59d0-aa43.jpg

And now a video of my step daughter playing hot cross buns on it.

[video=youtube;RDRfoiDHVuo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDRfoiDHVuo&list=UUmJ-L0nkQ3gs5Gr5TSL58WQ&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

Last edited:

Treestalker

May 26, 2012
Wirral
Nicely done! And with proof of sound!!! I would of copped out an made a whistle, or maybe a chic pea rattle (pre-school style)

Also I'm still awaiting my challenge so I guess payback could be on the table???

Hope you had fun with this

Treestalker

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE