Pruning saw

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I am in need of a good pruning saw.

What would you recomend. Packability is not a requirement it is for home use

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
I get on really well with my Bahco laplander and they are relatively inexpensive. I have been using mine lately to cut 6" diameter ash logs, which it does very efficiently.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
If it's for keeps and you want a good 'un, there's only one place to look - the Silky range - covers all needs and head and shoulders above anything else I've ever used......................atb mac

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Silky saw. I like my Zubat, but the straight bladed Gomtaro is good too. Basically, just pick a model that suits, they're all good.

A sheathed, fixed blade is preferable IMO, handy to hang on a belt compared to pocketing a folder.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I never fail to be impressed by the Wolf Garten curved pruning saw with end stop. It's a long fixed blade that will attach to their short handles or onto a pole for pruning higher branches from the ground.

The folding Wolf Garten is good too, I've given mine some serious use now. It cuts as quick as a laplander but lasts a little longer with teeth the same profile as a Silky. Slightly shorter than the Laplander though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE