Prototype double dangler

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
I've been playing today with a few ideas to carry my two axes with easy access.this is what I came up with,as I have no idea about working with leather I had to do it with webbing(mrs tat2 did the sewing bless her) comments more than welcome good or bad,but be gentle it's my first attempt at a design and build

D9281914-34B4-42C7-B65C-2F873BC5FF1F-2915-00000191C7DE22F2.jpg

Please ignore the rolling pin it's just to show how it would sit on the belt loops
Regards trev

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Looks good Trev, but if it were me, I think that the haft banging into my knee, as I walked, would be a pain.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
the haft is awaiting mods mate as i dont like the length either,its a pain when carving .
thanks for your comment though. With the haft shortened it will sit just right on me but im a short bottom anyway.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
biker they are velcro tabs, and the reason i carry two is when im in the woods ive got tools to make whatever comes to mind without trecks two and forth to the car .Two axes a bushy, spoon knife all jobs covered

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
biker they are velcro tabs, and the reason i carry two is when im in the woods ive got tools to make whatever comes to mind without trecks two and forth to the car .Two axes a bushy, spoon knife all jobs covered

Ok, fair point, was just wondering is all. I'm wondering it a gunslinger type cord, or even another webbing strap around the leg would stop them flapping about too much? Like I said - nice thinking and clever execution of the design.

Bearded Bear

Mar 24, 2013
Brazil
Tat2trev

Just saw it... It's a very good idea!

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
How strong is your leather belt. You could add a body strap or a leg strap to the long handle so that it does not bang into your legs while walking or running. Or eg just a simple thong to the handle.eg some paracord. Tc. Nice idea. You need to buy MrsT some perfumes. Tc
Cheers the interceptor boy.
P.s you could wear one on each side of your hips to balance the weight.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
would love this concept in leather but funds wont allow, but i do think it would gain more strength in a material that does not twist ,i'llgive it a run out and see what happens . Thanks all for comments so far
some ideas are springing to mind to mod the design already

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
intercepter boy hi. I use a military three inch webbing belt so no probs on it breaking, and suprisingly the two axes weigh not too much at all.Defo going to add a leg strap tomoz

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
i think press stud fixings to hold the axes would be better than velcro but dont know how but the next one i make or have made will be a modded version but you all get the basic idea from the prototype.
thanks for all your great comments so far.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
i've taken onboard some of the comments and changed the whole rig i'll post pics up in a while when the lil ones are in bed . i think i'll just go with the one axe option i've also added a small pouch to take a sharpening stone etc plus a leg strap

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE