Professional dog handlers' leads

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I've just finished a commission for a number of dog leads for a security company. I made a couple extra but they were not needed, so I can dispose of them here.

These leads are made from 5/8" veg tanned harness leather (4mm). They are dyed dark brown and edge bevelled back and front for a comfortable hold.

They have 3/4" snap links and "O" rings and can be configured in a number of ways. As each lead has two snap links, one at either end, the lead can be used for two dogs. Or, with one snap link clipped onto an O ring (as in the photo) used as a conventional lead. Or, with the snap link fastened to the lower O ring, as a shorter lead. It can also be clipped onto a running line in a kennel situation. Because the handle part is fastened with a snap link, it is easy to clip the lead around a lamp post, bumper, ground ring etc.

sm-lead1.jpg

sm-lead2.jpg

The leather is skived down where two pieces join for a nice smooth transition. All joints are glued and double stitched with artificial sinew for strength.

The overall length is 6' 6" when fully opened, and 5' 6" with the handle connected to the O ring for normal operations.

I am asking £30 each and that includes paypal fees and postage within the UK. There are two leads available.

Thanks for looking

Eric

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
Thanks Eric, look forward to it! (The dog thinks it looks great too ;) )

BTW clicking on the link in your sig gives an error "unable to find a shop for that user"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE