Primus Fuel Pump leak

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I just put my Primus fuel pump (from my Omnilite TI). Only to find fuel leaking out. I'm not sure where it's coming from exactly, It's on a 600ml Primus fuel bottle. I took the pump plunger out of the assembly and checked it over, and it doesn't seem to be coming from there. I'm loathe to try taking it further apart yet.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? Is this a known bug? Is there an o-ring somewhere I should be thinking of replacing. The stove is 3 years old.

J

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I don't have a manual for the pump and I can't seem to find one on the primus website.

I've just spent a few minutes going over the pump to find the leak, I've manage pin point where it's coming out. On the photo below it's coming out where the pump plunger goes, at about the 10-11 oclock mark.

primusleak01_sm.jpg

I've ordered a new pump as I have a trip in 10 days and need to be sure of the pump, and ultimately if I can fix this one, then having a spare is useful.

J

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I emailed Primus to ask advice, but got no reply. I bought a new pump unit as I need a working stove for next week. Had to by a multifuel Conversion kit for an Eta ef power stove. Meaning I now have spares for a stove I don't own. Will see if I can move on the parts I don't need onto someone who can make use of them. Also ended up with a spare fuel bottle.

J

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Or you could buy the stove you already have spares for. Primus eta spider With a heat exchnge pot

As its coming from 11 oclock it may be the swivvel attach,ment. As far as i can tell there are 3 seals out and one way that the fuel is supposed to come out, if its not any of thes its already knackered id say. Unscrew the screw and metal flap to release the nossle to check the ring on the nossleas seen in the link.

See this layout

http://www.primus.eu/products/spare-parts

You have the pump seal airlock, the bottle seal and the nossle seal, they are not supposed to leak. Then you hqve the nossle out, which can leak if the seal is not ok. The rests plastic molded so a bit of sticks like flex8ble bathroom or resin of somekind may work but would you want to rely 9n that ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE