President of France!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Staggered in to the computer earlier on with the first coffee, went to the BBC news website and nearly had a heart attack when I read that I'd been elected to the above office; had to squint
and clear my head a few times before I realised it wasn't me under my username here.........Bit dissappointed, really, I quite fancy a frog-eye Citroen with outriders :cool:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D
So the Marseillaise was booming out at your house this morning then ?
[video=youtube;4K1q9Ntcr5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K1q9Ntcr5g[/video]

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I don't want the job if it entails having to listen to that on a daily basis; what a dirge..........Oh dear, another illusion up the spout, eh?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We can't exactly boast that ours is uplifting and full of joie de vivre either though.

I like the EU one, Ode to Joy. No offence intended to HM the Q, but something both cheery and singable would be nice.

M

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Je vous en fais mes complments, Monsieur le President.

Qu'un sang impur abreuve nos sillons. Impure blood running in your furrows yet?

I've always felt that in France v England rugby matches, La Marseillaise give the French a five point advantage. In Calcutta Cup matches Scotland start the game three points to the good.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I reckon that it's the instruments that they expect to be used in 'performance' situations.
Brass bands, military pomp….it's like going to a funeral and that damned organ grinds out the most appalling racket that no one can sing to, keep time with, or overcome it's overwhelming dreariness.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE