Preppers Shop UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
Has anybody dealt with this company before?

I ordered a lIfesaver Wayfarer from them last week and after 3 business days of 'pending' status, I tried to contact them on Friday via phone, email and Facebook but had no response whatsoever. I finally had a reply from them on Facebook messenger at 8am this morning which stated they would get back to me with an expected delivery day but nearly 4 hours later, nothing. I've tried phoning again today and sent another email but I'm really struggling to speak to somebody.

It's been 4 business days now of 'pending' status. I know I am maybe being a little impatient but I really could do with this filter for a camping trip in Brecon this coming weekend and just want to know if I will have it in time. And quite frankly, I have had faster despatch times and better communications from companies in China.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Sorry to hear that you are having problems.
My only dealing with Preppers Shop was for a cheap used Bergen. I wasn’t in a hurry so I don’t remember delivery times but it seemed fine.

Reactions: Dan00001

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
Sorry to hear that you are having problems.
My only dealing with Preppers Shop was for a cheap used Bergen. I wasn’t in a hurry so I don’t remember delivery times but it seemed fine.
Thank you,

Their communication is shocking. They call themselves the UK's only dedicated prepping shop and only last month made a Prescence on This Morning on ITV. You'd think they would be a little more professional.

I'm seriously at the point at which, if I can find the same item where I can guarantee delivery with some degree of reliability before the weekend then I'm going to raise a dispute through PayPal and order elsewhere.

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
Still no response, will not answer the phone, no reply via email, no reply via Facebook so I've requested a refund and opened a case with PayPal and have ordered the Lifesaver Wayfarer direct from Lifesaver, who when I spoke to on the phone assured me that they would post tomorrow and that it would be with me before the weekend.

I will avoid Prepper Shop UK in future who obviously have complete disdain toward their customers.

Looking at Trustpilot and Google reviews, it appears a lot of people have had similar issues lately.

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
Even if they eventually respond, in my experience they will outright lie about having already sent an order to avoid refunding. (And then send the wrong thing.) That was the so-called director of the company too, not even a minion. Wouldn't touch them again with a ten foot pole. Sorry you had to join the unhappy band of former customers and hope PayPal sorts you out. Oh, and most importantly, enjoy the trip!

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
Even if they eventually respond, in my experience they will outright lie about having already sent an order to avoid refunding. (And then send the wrong thing.) That was the so-called director of the company too, not even a minion. Wouldn't touch them again with a ten foot pole. Sorry you had to join the unhappy band of former customers and hope PayPal sorts you out. Oh, and most importantly, enjoy the trip!
Thank you, and sorry you've also been through it with them.

How do businesses still get this so utterly wrong?
It's appalling, this was the reply on Facebook messenger this morning at 8am to a message I had sent on Friday..

'Hi Daniel, I’m not actually customer services myself but if you can leave it with me I’ll chat to customer services and see if I can get an idea on expected delivery.'

That was 6 and a half hours ago, how much effort does it take to chase up an order and communicate with your customer? Even if it was a 'sorry, I'm still chasing up the order'.

Billy-o

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
'Hi Daniel, I’m not actually customer services myself but if you can leave it with me I’ll chat to customer services and see if I can get an idea on expected delivery.'
:lol: sounds like someone's gone to look for their sockpuppet

Sorry to hear you have run into it

Reactions: gg012 and Dan00001

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
They're responding to me now that I've requested a refund. They've as good as admitted that the item hasn't been posted yet, which confirms the 'pending' status.

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
I ordered it Tuesday night so they've had from Wednesday morning to post, I don't think it unreasonable to expect it to have been dispatched by now.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
According to Companies House, Preppers Shop UK Ltd was incorporated in January 2021.

So that there's no doubt about the identification, I've confirmed that the company registration number 13151745 on the "Preppers Shop" Website

is the same as that given by Companies House.

The company hasn't reported its sales, but it has published its balance sheets (as it is legally required to do every year). The balance sheets have not been audited (that's not legally required for very small companies) so make of them what you will.

During its entire existence the company appears to have managed to lose around £300,000 - most of it during its 2023 financial year. You can see the details here:

Personally, unless I was going to the liquidation auction I'd avoid any business with a record like this.

Whenever I consider dealing with a company that I don't know, I usually take a quick look at the Companies House details like this. It doesn't always help, but in this case I'd have thought it very much a red flag.

Reactions: gibson 175

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
That's interesting, they were on This Morning recently stating that they had been 'going for 10 years now' and that they were 'the first prepper shop in Europe'.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
I tend to do online shopping with a credit card just in case of things like that. Chargebacks if people don’t fulfil their part of the transaction. Saved me a couple of times!

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
Not having much luck with outdoor type shops lately, first with Ordnance Survey, then with Prepper Shop UK and now I ordered some lightweight Y tent pegs from OutdoorGB on Sunday, decided to give them a call today as they've not arrived and they haven't even posted them as they don't have them in stock. No email and says in stock on their website.:banghead:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE