Pre-Mac groupbuy (raising interest)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm in contact with the people at Pre-Mac to organise a Groupbuy on their waterfilter/purifiers. This thread is to find out if there's enough interest to put one together.

This groupbuy will be about the military product range. Note the pictures below are named with their civilian name, though there's no difference in both products other than:

colour option
civilian: colour
military: black

packaging & branding
civilian: retail style muli-coloured 'Clam Shell' blister packs
militairy: polythene bag with a black and white instruction sheet

The options
- Prices inluding VAT
- Prices do not show discount
- P&P not included

Conditions:
- We need a minimal amount of 10 units for the SWP to get a 10% discount.
- We need a minimal amount of 10 units (of either configuration) for the MWP & PWP to get a 15% discount.

* They normally don't do these sort of groupbuys on numbers below 50 units, but because BCUK "is such a worthwhile organisation" they did this proposal. So a big thank you Pre-Mac, for this one! :You_Rock_

Travel Well Pocket (SWP) Price: £20,-

travelwellpocket.jpg

Travel Well Trekker (MWP) Price: £69,-

travelwelltrekker.jpg

Travel Well Ranger (PWP) Price: £80,-

travelwellranger.jpg

My thoughts:
1. EDIT: removed thread Url, because CLEM had a deal with a very old filter

2. IMHO it would be economical to go for the MWP rather than the SWP:
If you have a look at the pics with all the technical chatter, you'll learn the capacity:cup ration is 1:5; though the capacity:price ratio isn't and makes the MWP cheaper. More clean water for less money.

3. They also have a so called "Trekker Set" Price: £98.00; which includes:
- MWP (£69,-)
- spare set cartridges (£38,-)
- carry pouch (£10,- on the internet)
Makes a total of £117,- if you buy each item seperately, with this one you save £19,- (discount not yet included!)

I'd like to go for this one solely, not only because you get more for less money, but it's pretty simple and straight forward rather to all the hassle of different orders. What do you think? Of course if people just want a filter, that's cool with me and I'll still run it.

4. I haven't checked the Net if there any better deals around, which I doubt there are. If you can find one, let me (us) know ;)

5. Again: prices are on condition of a minimal amount. If we go over these 10 units, I might be able to negotiate a better price.

6. Postage: will have contact with Pre-Mac asap to find out what the score is. They already gave me a £3,- (per item) number, but as said, I will look into this one.

7. Let me know what your thoughts are. Please don't forget to state exactly what you want and the amount (in writing: i.e.1, 2, 3, etc. - a couple is a bit vague ;) ). Further conditions on this groupbuy will follow if and when this goes through.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I'd be interested in the new year perhaps. As much as I'd love to just now, I've already spent all I can on "big" items this year :(

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
I'd be interested in the new year too, finding the thick end of a £100 just before Christmas has probably damped interest for many with 'domestic' commitments at this time of year.

Scoops

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE