Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Well, what a surprise...i found that very item at a car boot yesterday for 10p

im glad it makes a nice stove...I got it for that

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Nice, ideally it should fit a billy can so that space isn't an issue. Alternatively you can put three longish screws in evenly spaced holes and fit a trangia burner in it.

The essential part is not to use it as a water container...

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
I've been using one for a while now - it is a great bit of kit. I use it with a s/s tea caddy which fits inside and a couple of pieces of coffee can steel for wind baffles. I have used it with wood and a trangia burner so it covers all the bases when I'm wild camping. If I can get my thumb out I will take some piccies to show the various set ups that I use it for.

Cheers

JFW

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
heres one i made earlier, the pot is a stainless tea bag pot from the pound shop, and an old tent peg to suspend it, it all fits into the stove, only took a few minutes to get a rolling boil,

outandabout170.jpg

outandabout173.jpg

outandabout167.jpg

Shepard

Tenderfoot
Jul 31, 2006
Norway
Brilliant find!

Looks sturdy. Wonders how it works if you feed it for hours? If its suitible(sp?) under a tarp/small teepee.

Cheers!

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
A bigger version of this can be made with the drum from a washing machine (OK for fixed camp rather than back-packing) and if you turn the pulley wheel around you have a stand as well.

LS

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE