Pouch

wasteoid

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
uxbridge
I noticed these on ebay to (no relation etc...)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Leather-Drawstring-Bag-Set-Survival-Bushcraft-Pouches-B_W0QQitemZ120324317452QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120324317452&_trkparms=72:1301|39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

Chris

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
I will vouch for John Fenna's pouches, they are the best leather pouches I have found (and recycled materials too!) I use two sets for just about everything.

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
Hi

looking for drawstring pouches so my bag is not a complete mess LOL. Sow here can i find them

cheers

Admit it. You want a set of leather ones like Ray Mears used when making his damper bread in the 'Voyageur' episode, don't you?

I know I do! How does Ray make everything he uses look so wantable?

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Admit it. You want a set of leather ones like Ray Mears used when making his damper bread in the 'Voyageur' episode, don't you?

I know I do! How does Ray make everything he uses look so wantable?

nope cant recall that episode LOL. I just like my kit to be organised makes sorting kit out much easier.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
They really couldn't be any easier to make.
Go to a charity shop or boot fair. Buy an old leather jacket.
Cut a piece of leather twice the size of the pouch you want. Then fold it in half and stitch along two edges, inside out (so that stitching will be on the inside when finished)! Then turn it back out the correct way. You may need to get a special leather needle and strong thread from a fabric shop. Buy some leather thong from a craft shop. Cut a series of small slots around the top of the pouch (say, an inch down). Thread the leather thong through the slots and tie off. Voila! One leather pouch.

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
nope cant recall that episode LOL. I just like my kit to be organised makes sorting kit out much easier.

Catch the episode if you can. It's a particulary good one. Inside each of his pouches was a re-sealable sandwich bag - the type with the little plastic zipper - that held the ingredients for his bread; raisins, baking soda etc...

I need to get out more :cool:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I picked up three of these from the Carnnog Centre on Friday. £12 each so they`re not cheap but they`re really well made and the money goes to a good cause.

DSC00782.jpg

I`m sure if you rang them up they would post some for you.

I went for the suede rather than leather but that`s what I wanted.

They take one of the ziplock bags perfectly, standing at around 6.5" x 4.5"

DSC00783.jpg

Leather thong drawstring with antler toggle.

http://www.crannog.co.uk/index.html

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE