Potassium Permanganate

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
A while ago I asked a question on someone's thread about using this chemical for making water potable. The only source of info I found was from Lofty Wisemans book and it never really stated weather you could drink water treated with Potassium Permanganate only that it disinfects water or makes water into healing solutions.

I stumbled upon this vid of Lofty at the Bushcraft Show and he explains a bit about PM and it's uses and at the end after stating it's medicinal uses says 1 crystal in a litre of water will sterilize it but still does not come out and fully say it is suitable for drinking but what I got from the talk was that this was implied?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0PoWUkD4P0&feature=relmfu

Steve.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
IANAD, but I don't think you should drink it. It's disinfectant. Your body need bacteria in the digestive system. Drinking disinfectant isn't going to be good for you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE