potasium permanganate+suger

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Biddlesby said:
Can anybody quantify the process of sterilisation using Potassium Permanganate for, say, a litre of water that has been filtered of debris?

And some rough idea of dosage for your use would be good too, BOD.

Cheers
I beleive just a couple of crystals work, turning the water a slight pinkish colour, but you are best to boil for drinking water. A friend who went trekking recently in the Himalaya said they used PP in the washing water to sterilise but drinking water was boiled.

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Goose said:
I beleive just a couple of crystals work, turning the water a slight pinkish colour, but you are best to boil for drinking water. A friend who went trekking recently in the Himalaya said they used PP in the washing water to sterilise but drinking water was boiled.

Hard to say not more than a few more crystals for intestinal use . A bit goes a long way. It can also be used as a mouthwash.

THIS IS IN CAPITALS SO YOU SHOULD READ IT.

MORE THAN 10G WILL CAUSE MASSIVE SYSTEM COLLAPSE AND DEATH lesser doses may cause other organ problems

That's why I and another tried it before giving it to the patient. So as not to alarm anyone it was outside the UK and consent given.

Funnily enough, it is apparently an antidote to phosphorus poisoning and also the ingredient with pseudoephedrine hydrochloride (Sudafed) as the oxidant to produce methcathinone, a similar drug to methamphetamine.

But we don't want to encourage bush labs in woodlands do we?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE