Pot for 230g gas canister

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Any pointers towards the best sized, most compact cooking pot with lid, that will fit a 230g gas canister and a micro stove inside it?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Winnet

Forager
Oct 5, 2011
Aberdeen
It fits into an Alpkit 900ml pot although the lid doesn't quite fit on top.

G
3c297551806f3ba46f7725d030ea6099.jpg
80afbb7583686e935214db47b868b4a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Van-Wild

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
How about the Optimus ecosystem?

This is a 2 pot version that takes the 230g cartridge with space for stove. It also allows space for the larger cartridge if you choose. It also has the finned base which I rate for heat transfer and another pot/lid.

Optimus

The other gadget that links in is the Optimus windshield which I highly recommend.

1397567947-52028000.jpg

Reactions: Van-Wild

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
12cm Zebra pot should do the trick and wont break the bank.
A Coleman 250 gram gas canister and a micro stove burner like this fits nicely in the 12 cm Zebra (without the internal dish - store the burner somewhere else and the dish will fit inside)
321455.jpg

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Toaks offers several sizes of titanium pots with bail and butterfly handles.
That's pretty practical if you run out of gas because then you can still cook under tripod over campfire.

In every good boat shop you can make yourself a lightweight stainless steel cooking cable if you bring the needed two open hooks with you.

The 750 ml mug fits perfectly the Primus 100 g gas cardridge. An Alpkit Kraku titanium stove fits in there too.
(Alternatively 1 ltr Nalgene bottle as well. )

I assume that one of the other Toaks pot sizes fits exactly the 230g gas cardridge.
That's surely worth a look.

Last edited:

Suffolkrafter

Settler
Dec 25, 2019
Suffolk
You would need a bag to hold everything together.

G
28b74c40b5a091c9c3d61b5faa6cdf2d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Resurrecting this old thread, because it seems alpkit have changed the shape of their 900 ml pot so it no longer fits the 230g canister.

I found some alternatives.

Also this with a different handle design:

These should fit the 230g canister, with the added advantage of bails. Would struggle to get a stove in too though. They seem reasonable value for money compared to some of the more expensive pots out there.

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
I like a good thread resurrection!

If the OP or anyone else is still looking then go for this one. Deliberately designed for the small gas canister and a mini stove of your choice. Lid acts as a sip lid keeping your coffee warm after making the water boil quicker, the sleeve allows you to drink from the pot immediately and the magnetic pot gripper is superb. All nests beautifully with an etched icon on the pot so you don't forget.

And a folding spork!

GSI Outdoors Halulite Minimalist Kitchen​

71HGvMMs6wL._AC_SY679_.jpg

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE

If the OP or anyone else is still looking then go for this one. Deliberately designed for the small gas canister and a mini stove of your choice. Lid acts as a sip lid keeping your coffee warm after making the water boil quicker, the sleeve allows you to drink from the pot immediately and the magnetic pot gripper is superb. All nests beautifully with an etched icon on the pot so you don't forget.

And a folding spork!

View attachment 80135
That looks like a nice kit

Sent from underground

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire

And a folding spork!

View attachment 80135
I have this set up , its a perfect option .....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE