Postal address

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
J

james calley

Does anyone know or have any experience of not having an address as I want to give up my flat because I intend to live in the Country where I'm from orignally but I mean live everywhere and any where.
I have enough money for years if I don't pay rent, but I'm afraid of how much trouble I'll have accessing my own money because banks are so strict and I don't trust anyone that much that I'm going to have my statements going to their address even if they agreed.
Thanks for any help

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have a friend who does this. Basically she has her mail addressed c/o me, *but* there is apparently a way that it can be done using one of the office/business accomodation services. They will, for a fee, allow you to use their address, and will guarantee to keep your mail until it's called for. It also helps if you use an internet or phone banking system in conjunction with a debit card. You do not need to ever receive another paper copy bank statement if you do not choose to. Lloydstsb will do this, but I presume other banks will too.
The old fashioned, but still very practical way, is to make an arrangement with a firm of solicitors to use their address. Again, I expect that there will be a fee involved, but if you already leave papers with them, i.e. a will, copy of birth certificates, etc., I'm sure they'd at least be able to advise you on the best way to go about the arrangement.

Best of luck with it all,
Cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
tomtom said:
cant you just get a PO box?

The problem here is that you have to have the box related to your home address or you have to have the mail stored at a Royal Mail sorting office for personal collection and I'm told that they still want a *home* address so that they can bill you for the service. You have to prove that you live there, they want sight of bills, etc. Non Royal Mail deliveries (couriers, etc.,) seem to have problems accessing the p.o. boxes too.

Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE