Polylina Pour and store bags

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Well the ones I bought are sound :) I've been using them for a year or two now, and I wash and reuse too, and have had no problems.

Someone else said the Aldi ones were good too though.

I do know that they're a good size, and strong enough not to tear easily, for packing dried food into for camp :)

M

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Morrisons usually sell them but I haven't checked for a while, £1 for 8

Asda do their own version which is okay, not quite as strong but takes boiling water no problem.

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
i only looked onlien and couldnt see them. will be going into a couple fo supermarkets to check tomorrow as if they are disappearing then i will get a few packs

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
They have been withdrawn from all the supermarkets I have looked in. I saw them in an Aldi or Lidl in Wolverhampton a while back, presumably the withdrawn stock from other supermarkets.

The good news is Sainsburys sell there own version. I bought loads just before xmas.

The only slight difference is the graphics, apart from that, exactly the same.

Lakeland also sell soup and sauce bags but i've not tried those.

Heres a pic of original polyliner v Sainsburys,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 30

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
i checked tesco, waitrose, morrisons and lidl today and nothing. ill do sainsburys aldi and asda tomorrow. sainsburys last so if i have no luck ill buy their own brand ones

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
The same thing happened with Ziplock bags. US writers are always referring to them as "available anywhere" and "indispensible for backpacking". Then they just vanished of the shelves in the UK. I always buy a job lot in France and hide them away in my travelling kit and not the kitchen. Substitutes do exist, but they're not as good as the genuine article. I hope the own-brand polypour bage are as good as the original. I only have a dozen left.

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
The same thing happened with Ziplock bags. US writers are always referring to them as "available anywhere" and "indispensible for backpacking". Then they just vanished of the shelves in the UK. I always buy a job lot in France and hide them away in my travelling kit and not the kitchen. Substitutes do exist, but they're not as good as the genuine article. I hope the own-brand polypour bage are as good as the original. I only have a dozen left.

Put it this way, if i find some poly ones ill clear the shop out :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE