Pointy Tent Suggestions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
So, I have the following Bushcraft compliant kit to permit woodland access without shame:‎

Alan Wood knife
Folding saw
Folding Firebox ‎
Canvas pack
Campaign hat‎
Alpaca socks‎
Russell moccasins ‎
Ray Mears endorsed wool underwe‎ar‎
Ray Mears endorsed trousers with reinforced knees
BCUK hoody (ordering this Weekend)‎
Buff merino wool neck tube‎
‎Bison Bushcraft shirt‎
Swandri jacket
‎Land-Rover Defender
‎
Other than a newer model outdoor-friendly chick to while away the cold nights, the only piece of kit I need to complete the 'look' is a pointy tent.   What then are my options if other than splashing the cash on a Tentipi?

I would like one that has plenty of room for two people so figure a 6-person should do the trick and it must be of a green or brown hue.   

Cheers

K‎
‎

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Soul Pad 5m bell tent with sewn in groundsheet ......big heavy brute of a thing to carry but can be put up by one person in 15 minutes. ( only comes in white though )

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Cotton or nylon? That could have some influence on stove choice if you go that route, and where you intend to use it, soft wood sparks from camping in plantations have put a few holes in my Bergans nylon tipi :(

There used to be some Bison poly cotton ones knocking around a few years back, they always had a decent rep and half the price of a Tentipi

Seek Outside are worth a look if you want to save some weight, nice stove combos

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Soul Pad 5m bell tent with sewn in groundsheet ......big heavy brute of a thing to carry but can be put up by one person in 15 minutes. ( only comes in white though )

5m is big, very big. I have the 4m, it houses the two of us comfortably with room to walk about. I'm really glad I didn't get the 5m. Mine came from Obelink, slipped through the system. Handy, over £140 saved over Souldpad and Belltent UK prices which hold a monopoly on these tents.

With poles and pegs, they weigh a lot.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Or if you are going to carry it, dont mind nylon and so dont need to put a stove in it, a Go lite shangrimla or whatever they call it now, sleeps two, light, easy to put up.
Just a thought.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Or if you are going to carry it, dont mind nylon and so dont need to put a stove in it, a Go lite shangrimla or whatever they call it now, sleeps two, light, easy to put up.
Just a thought.

Unfortunately go-lite is no more. i think the various luxe hex peaks are the nearest thing nowadays.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
My go-lite Shangri-la 5 has plenty of room for two. Had two in and a wood burner.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Yeah the 5 is/was a cracking size, i'd love one meself

not seen one in the flesh but the seek outside tents seem very good

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
4013c83a31515ede62a4843f2bd21551.jpg

Heres our helsport varanger 4 to 6 man with the helsport stove

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE