pocket rocket

giz

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2007
devon
any of you guys use or have used the msr pocket rocket
ive sending for one over the net thought that it would be nice to be able to brew when i make stops while walking on dartmoor with out have ing to keep pumping my optimus nova everytime
if you guys could let me know which mugs and pots worked best with it i would be very thankfull
cheers giz

Hey giz, i have one and used it a few times, only got it at christmas last year but I havent been out much. It does seem really good for a brew, although I wouldn't use anything to large on it as it will likely topple. It boils the water pretty fast, folds down small and comes with a cheap red plastic case, if your lucky you can slide a few matches down the side.

I did try and boil some water up in a crusader cup and it was a bit wobbly but I managed to make it stable. i havent tried anything larger.

I havent cooked food on it in a billy yet but I would imagine the heat would be pretty focused on a small area, but I would'nt mind finding out other people's experiences with it as well.

Cheers,
Andy

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
I've had mine for years and years and its not missed a beat!

Whichever version you go for its a cracking little stove! Like already said, it can be a little unstable if used on a large gas canister or a tall pot, but if you are careful, its fine.

Drew

giz

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2007
devon
cheers for the advice guys its only for brewing on so its fine mines cost me 19 pounds plus 3 for p and p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE