Pocket knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bribri

Forager
Mar 18, 2014
manchester
Just got this little baby for less than £10 :) anybody used these b4 ?
6y2eqeba.jpg
aqahymuh.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I'd say its the mora of pocket knives there are better knives out there but for the price its decent just dont get the handle wet

- shame its not edc legal

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think ozzy1977 meant search here :)

Most of us have an Opinel or two around; they're tidy tools :) I think we've got three of them. One is the mushroom knife with the brush on the end though.

Some of the mods are a very good idea. However, mind that the locking ring turns it into a knife that's not cleared for the everyday carry.

bribri

Forager
Mar 18, 2014
manchester
Ive never had a pocket knife' just my normal full tangs' just got this one for wen im on a stroll in the woods. And ive just had it on my waterstones :) :) i love the little thing :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Takes an edge well and they are lovely little knives. As said tho. Don't get it wet. My old one died as heavy use forces the blade into the locking collar and it damages the blade. The friction of the blade folding also very greatly dependant on how damp or dry the wooden handle is.

They make a few wood variations too these days. I got an oak one last time. If you want a shock, look up the horn handle one. It's pretty but pricey :)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
There cracking blades! I've had a no.8 and forgot! It Lives with the brew kit usually and gets used for food prep, great blade for the money :).

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
If you prise the locking collar off a No. 6 then it's legal carry. You can regrind the tip of a No. 7 a little to shave a few mms off and make it a drop point, then prise off the locking ring and it'll be legal carry too. Replacing the locking ring is very simple and once it's been on and off a few times you can remove it easily by carefully opening the blade with the lock in the closed position.

The two they sell without a locking ring are fun little things, but they're both very small and very thin, fine for sharpening pencils but precious little more.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Just be careful if removing the lock ring as if not in the lock position when closed the ones iv had can have a habit of opening in the pocket.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
not that i'm aware off - they do smll ones without a lock but not the no8

No8's blade length means wouldn't be legal in any case.

Biggest non locker is the no5 with a 6cm blade.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
They make good whittlers and food prep knives. People often forget that a thin blade is much better for these things than the typical bushy favourite type blades. They best kept only for camp outs or on private land though for obvious reasons.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Just be careful if removing the lock ring as if not in the lock position when closed the ones iv had can have a habit of opening in the pocket.

I worried about that with my No. 6 for a few weeks... so I kept a useful length of paracord wrapped around it to keep the blade closed when pocketed. However, mine gets sufficient moisture from it's daily routine of disemboweling apples and subsequent washing up to keep it tight enough not to need to bother.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE