Pocket Cooker - WANTED

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

eem

May 28, 2008
solihull
After searching t'internet and local camping shops i am unable to find a Pocket Cooker.

The one i want is like this: http://www.trekdirect.co.uk/acatalog/Pocket_Cooker.html

It is the folding one that comes in a pouch.

I am going to the Brecon Beacons in April for my honeymoon and will be walking up on high and would like to be able to make a brew safely and/or a quick bacon sandwich for the future Mrs EEM ( she is very easily impressed with hot drinks and pork!)

if anyone knows where i can get one
if anyone has one to sell
if any american members would like to post one to me

i would be most grateful and of course ensure that payment is made prior to purchase / posting and that no one would be out of pocket.

any advice, of course, gratefully received

if this post is in the wrong place, please move it

lots of love

Matt

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Have you thought about a hobo stove instead, my hobo performs better than the pocket cooker ever did and you must have an ikea nearby..? The hobo is lighter but more bulky.

good luck on your hunt.

Cheers,

Alan

eem

May 28, 2008
solihull
having previously experimented with hobo stoves to much tutting and frowning; we are staying in swanky hotels and can't imagine SWMBO being happy with me lumping my home made stove along.

i have emailed website for prices but i have tried before and they will not post to Uk.

Fingers crossed.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
having previously experimented with hobo stoves to much tutting and frowning; we are staying in swanky hotels and can't imagine SWMBO being happy with me lumping my home made stove along.
You'll still get sooty with a pocket cooker - and you have to keep feeding it with wood while you're using it as it doesn't hold much (Is there much wood on the high parts of the Brecon Beacons?)

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
I’m always surprised how cheaply and quickly things can get here from the states if you get a helpful supplier. As to...

(she is very easily impressed with hot drinks and pork!)

...congratulations mate, I think you got a good en!

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I have had a "White-Box" stove for a couple of weeks and I'm really impressed. It runs on meths, is tiny, and weighs so little you don't know its there till you need it.
It will boil a pint of natures finest in just over six minutes.
It comes with a windshield and heat shield and is going to be my stove of choice for trips away.
Neil

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Thats the one!
I have found it works better with a wider based pan than the mug shown (about a minute longer to boil a pint).
Ideal for brew stops on the moor!
N.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I have had a "White-Box" stove for a couple of weeks and I'm really impressed. It runs on meths, is tiny, and weighs so little you don't know its there till you need it.
It will boil a pint of natures finest in just over six minutes.
It comes with a windshield and heat shield and is going to be my stove of choice for trips away.
Neil

How do you extinguish the flame? As the ventholes are placed aside :confused:
I've seen a review on Youtube, but still can't work that one out - other than:
1. put very little meths in it; or
2. let it burn out of meths

With the Trangia it's just putting the cap/lid on it.

BTW what pot do you use it with? ;)

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Eem

Not much wood in some parts of the Brecon Beacons. :)

BreaconBeacons.jpg

If you still want a Pocket Cooker I've got one unused as it was heavier than I was expecting.
PM me an address and I'll stick it in the post as a wedding present.

Stu

eem

May 28, 2008
solihull
thanks to everyone for the advice, offers and kind words. the people on this website are the most generous, knowldgeable and kind.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
EEM,

Congratulations on your forth coming wedding, all the best to you both and i'll catch up with you at one of the Midlands meets. Don't take the jetboil though, we don't want you setting fire to the Brecons, lol.

Andy:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE