Plastic carry case for Coleman dual fuel 285-700t lantern

AndyD

Settler
Dec 20, 2011
North East England
Looking for one of the above if anyone knows where in the UK I can get one!

Seen them on ebay from the US but postage is £35,also found a couple of places on t'interweb in the UK,but they want £40+!

Also seen the 'soft' carry cases,these seem to be available everywhere,but don't think they would give enough protection.

All help appreciated.

Cheers,
Andy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've seen some small screw top canisters in canoe shops which might work well, I think they're called Stack Packs

Might be worth a look

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
Make your own mate out of plywood. I collect stoves and lanterns, if I was to buy a case for every one of them I would be even poorer than I already am. It really is simple to screw a box together. Then put some foam inside and off you go.
Si

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
I have a couple of these, one i got with a 285 and one I bought for about £13 a year or so ago. I just looked but they seem to be rare now and v expensive. To be honest they are not that great and not really worth 13 imho. I would make your own.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Make your own mate out of plywood. I collect stoves and lanterns, if I was to buy a case for every one of them I would be even poorer than I already am. It really is simple to screw a box together. Then put some foam inside and off you go.
Si

True if weight isn't an issue. Plywood's gonna be about 2-3 times the weight of the plastic ones though. And you'd have to do more than just screw together a box to make it as secure as the purpose made plastic ones; they grip the lanterns and hold them in place inside.

Expat

Forager
Feb 9, 2012
Dorset for good...!!
I kept the corrugated cardboard container my Coleman lamp came in - re-inforced weaker areas with duct tape, and it was still going strong when I sold it on 10 years years down the road.
Might also be worth looking round for thick cardboard "paper reel cores" used in the printing industry and using a bit of ingenuity.... :cool:

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
What about using plastic piping - thinking of the larger diameter type used for drains?? Often see offcuts near roadworks etc

AndyD

Settler
Dec 20, 2011
North East England
Thanks for all the suggestions.
To be honest,I'm useless at DIY and would prefer the 'proper' case as it grips the base of the lamp and keeps it secure.

So,does anyone have one they'd be willing to part with please?

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com

Stabiliser2

Aug 18, 2012
Midlands
Just bought a genuine Coleman aluminum case for £1.49...

http://www.springfields.co.uk/camping/cooking/pots-pans/general-metal-mess-box-tin.html

They're pretty battered but work just fine. Be quick, there's only about four left...

Immersion Research make the old BDH containers, light, strong and waterproof. I use them for - stoves, kellykettle, money/phone/keys when canoeing.

http://www.canoesandkayaks.co.uk/product/1087/Dry_Bottles_Stack_Packs

or cheaper

http://www.endlessriver.co.uk/stack-pack-p-783.html

I have an old black one from the 90s, I renewed the seal by using an old inner tube cut to size. I also stretch old inner tube cuttings over the lid.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE