Planting woodland - heavy going!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
The site local to me with sea buckthorn is often inaccessible in places due to flooding, so I reckon it will cope with a bit of water so long as it dries out some of the time.

Despite our land being very wet, most of it isn't submerged (there is a pond that has a few inches in most of the year but it needs digging out and lining with clay)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Wow, from the amount of stuff you produce I thought you had a vast estate! When is the book coming out?

I'm hoping my daughter will learn to shoot the .410 in due course

My lass likes 410 as does my wife!

Kind of you to say it about what we do. We do enjoy it!!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I the folders - so light and handy.

Do check you have the right length of cartridge, some only accept 2"

unruly

Jan 8, 2014
Suthriganaweorc
So are alder and gorse. I've cut some of the gorse down to make space for the robinia - should give it good shelter whilst it grows. Planted some more willow yesterday and I've been told a friend has some bamboo for me, which will be perfect screening for where I need it
Have you considered planting Autumn Olive? It seems a favourite with forest gardeners

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Well done on the tree planting. Having planted over 14000 trees at Bersted Brooks during the last 7 years I feel your pain. Taking the tree guards off is worse in my experience. My volunteers arent so keen especially when the ants build there nests in them or the occasional mouse leaps out. Ours is a riverine woodland designed to get flood each winter. Its good to put something back

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
The tree guards I have are perforated so designed to split - don't they just fall off?

Reading other people's tree planting totals makes me feel very inadequate at times - I did get quite excited ordering the species I have, mind, so a bit sad that I won't be ordering any more for a while, aside from a sea buckthorn & winter almond or two!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Have fun doing what I do, add in rare and unusual trees singly or in pairs....True Service and the like. Quite exiting watch them come on :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Only prunings, nothing substantial yet. Plenty of the weed trees we extracted to make room for them though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE