Planning canoe trip HELP!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Hi all,
I'm in the Essex/Suffolk area and am planning a kayak trip with dad as he is dead keen on the idea ! Does anyone know any nice routes that I could do with stop off points and places for bushcraft :) , anyway trip to last about 2 - 3 days and nice and relaxed if possible with plenty of time for father et son chatting!!

Cheers
Wilderbeast WIll

PS Will probs will take place in summer as highly possible I will fall in and I don't want to die........(joking.....or maybe not!!)

Howabout the Broads ? never too exposed and plenty of wilder spots and the odd pub.

Nick

I'll echo that too and what has been previously suggested. As you're in the Suffolk area then the southern broads system is on your doorstep , the Waveney being the most southerly, but really in the whole broads system you should find something that may cater for your taste. Are you planning to camp and on commercial sites?

Heres a link to a trip we arranged on the broads this summer which may be of interest.

http://www.canoewithaview.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=205

All the best for the trip whatever you decide.

Nige.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
I'll echo that too and what has been previously suggested. As you're in the Suffolk area then the southern broads system is on your doorstep , the Waveney being the most southerly, but really in the whole broads system you should find something that may cater for your taste. Are you planning to camp and on commercial sites?

Heres a link to a trip we arranged on the broads this summer which may be of interest.

http://www.canoewithaview.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=205

All the best for the trip whatever you decide.

Nige.

cheers mate, as far as campsights go really not a fan but someone has suggested this orchard one in suffolk which encourages oopen fires so that seems nice!!

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
It`s got to be the best resource available for canoes, a bit like this place but a bit soggy and smells of mildew.[/QUOTE]

Hey you, I'd like to inform you that I'm very rarely soggy, and if I ever am, I can usually explain it so that it sounds as though it was on purpose.

As for the mildew smell, you'll be mistaking that for the smell of yeast / hops, as a canoe's ability to transport beer has never been equalled in the history of human powered transport.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hey you, I'd like to inform you that I'm very rarely soggy, and if I ever am, I can usually explain it so that it sounds as though it was on purpose.

As for the mildew smell, you'll be mistaking that for the smell of yeast / hops, as a canoe's ability to transport beer has never been equalled in the history of human powered transport.

Yeah good point about the beer Michael, I`ll give you that one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE