places to go???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BonnieWolf

Aug 22, 2006
Hampshire, uk
webface.genericlan.net
hello, i'm new to the forum *waves*

any way, a small group of us want to go 'wild' camping, we're all about 20, and most of us have been in the cadets as teenagers.

does anybody know anywere in (or near) hampshire, that u can hike, for days, set up camp and have a small fire? i tried ringing up the forestry commision but after rinign half a million numbers going back and forth...in the end they didn't tell me anything...

the lads recon we sould just go out and see what we find, but i'm worried about land owners and fire laws...should i?

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Hey ho Bonny Wolf and welcome to BCUK.

Maybe best if you got yourself a hard hat :lmao:
The big guns will be putting you to rights about your question, very soon, I feel.

But dont be dismayed, get tore intae the forums, maybe post up on the intro board.

Ceeg

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
The thing is, I think, you can get an awful lot of info from the FAQ and the Rules.

At worst, someone is going to tell you that the practise is illegal, and thus,discouraged......you see, the site cannot be seen to condone things like that.

Gotta be responsible, now, thats fair enough, though it is most surely a real bummer.

Your obvious enthusiasm, now, that we do understand...you will find that we are all like minded.

Not to worry, ease your bootlacings and enjoy.

Ceeg

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Firstly welcome to BCUK.

Can i suggest you do what i did on Saturday, have a look on an OS map to locate woods and farms and then go and knock on a few landowners doors and ask them if you can use their woods, the worst they can say is "No", i was lucky, the first landowner i saw, said yes, and i now have use of his woodland, just me and my nephews though.

I took some photo's of my nephews and I on previous trips with me, so i could show him exactly what we wanted to do, and made sure he understood the principle of "take only memories and leave only foot steps", mind you i told him all of that after he agreed to let me use his woods, didn't get a chance before hand :) .

I can build shelters, light fires the lot, and not have to worry. The adjacent landowner also offered to get me a Deer when i take my Nephews up there next week on an overnighter :D :D :D

Not all landowners are against people enjoying themselves, just don't abuse their trust :)

It's got to be worth a go, hasn't it?

BonnieWolf

Aug 22, 2006
Hampshire, uk
webface.genericlan.net
maver said:
"take only memories and leave only foot steps"
that adsactly what my father first taught me years ago when i ws a kid, evan today just walking down the street i refuse to litter, its all about respect! i don't need to tell u guys about respect, you repect nature yourselfs in the way u do bush craft!.

myself and a good firend really wanna get back into bush craft, so we're going to go take your advice and knock on a few doors ^-^ thanks for your time to share you info!

as for taking ur cusions camping have fun! 8giggle* i just heard that one of my cousins has never been camping and always wanted too, i slammed my fist onto the table and annouced i'll take him 'real' camping. and hes all excited now ^-^ aww!

thanks again!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE