pine resin glue

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Hi folks

Please help, I have been set a challenge on these very forums.

I can't say what it is but ideally I'd like to do a 'proper job'. In order to achieve my goal I could do with some pine resin glue. I can fall back on epoxy but feel that would be a shame. On the other hand I don't have time to DIY everything.

Can anyone please help? There's some paracord doobries in it for you if you can.

Many thanks

Mike

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
There's a huge pine population around me. I might be able to knock some together over the weekend. I just have to have a look how to do it.

A challenge bourne by a challenge!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
There's a huge pine population around me. I might be able to knock some together over the weekend. I just have to have a look how to do it.

A challenge bourne by a challenge!

On t'other hand, never let it be said that I got in the way of experience :D

cheers,
M

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
2 kind offers! I could do with about 2 bun cases worth.

One for practice and one for the real thing.

Time is of the essence though so could I possibly be greedy and split it between you?

Thanks

Mike

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
If time is of the essence, I'd take up Toddy's offer and I might not get round to doing it or will fail miserably. I will have a go though so whatever I make is yours, mind!

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
2 kind offers! I could do with about 2 bun cases worth.

One for practice and one for the real thing.

Time is of the essence though so could I possibly be greedy and split it between you?

Thanks

Mike

glad you managed to sort that so easily mate, can't wait to see what you're gonna use it for

stuart

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't have that much :sigh:

I have some very coarse stuff I made with charcoal, very black and there's maybe about a walnut's size worth of it.
Usually I make it very fine and roll it into olive sized lumps and wrap it in birch bark.

The very pure stuff I have is bright gold coloured, clear as good amber and smells glorious. I have maybe six sweetie (boilings) sized balls left and I have a use for some of it very shortly.

What are you doing that needs so much ?

cheers,
M

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Big secret...I'm guessing I don't need as much as I thought then, but having never used it before I'm being cautious? How easy is it to work? I envisaged a lot a wastage as it gets stuck to the tools used to apply it?

I'll take whatever is going please. I can return anything not used.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Big secret...I'm guessing I don't need as much as I thought then, but having never used it before I'm being cautious? How easy is it to work? I envisaged a lot a wastage as it gets stuck to the tools used to apply it?

If it sticks to the tools you just warm it up and rework it.

It's not wasteful like a resin glue which goes off and hardens in time. You can apply it today and rework it in a month or longer time if you're not happy with the finish.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yeah, it's good stuff, and it lasts forever too once it's made.

I'll see what I can burrow out tomorrow Mike, but if someone else offers you any, might be best to take them up on it too if you think you might need so much of it.

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE