pine martens

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
Tantalus said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/3953599.stm

pesky little critters i know, but i still have a soft spot for them

lived in germany for a while where there are slightly different bigger ones they called stone martens. Whose favourite trick is to climb under car bonnets and eat anything rubber, cables hosepipes etc making your car very difficult to start in the mornings :rolmao:

Tant
Yup Tant I like them too - only thing is one of them ate all my ducks! So I prefer them at a distance.

George

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Cool looking critters! I've never seen a Pine Marten - or anything similar. Think I'll be going to see if I can spot one next time I'm in that area - take some Jam sandwiches with me too! :biggthump

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
I think for safety reasons no Bushcrafter should carry jam sandwiches in case of attack by pine martens and no marmalade in case of encountering Peruvian Spectacled bears in dirty hats.

Realgar

D

damh_bard

Driving back from a Samhain festival last Saturday night, I was appoaching a major roundabout that got me on the M40, when out of the headlights, was this beautiful pine marten, just standing still at the edge of the road. :yikes:
Never seen one in the wild before.
Peace
Damh

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
damh_bard said:
Driving back from a Samhain festival last Saturday night, I was appoaching a major roundabout that got me on the M40, when out of the headlights, was this beautiful pine marten, just standing still at the edge of the road. :yikes:
Never seen one in the wild before.
Peace
Damh
That wasn't the wild mate, that was the M40. It was probably just trying to hitch a lift into town.:wink:

George

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE