Pictures vs. Youtube In Threads

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I prefer photos in the main.
Firstly, it's the detail, and the time to really look at the detail. Secondly, when combined with the write up it's an enjoyable and informed narrative. The kind that invites conversation, that encourages folks almost to participate.

Tutorials, BR has a point in that the actual movement can be shown by video, but unless the camera operator and the editing is skillfully done, then 'stir for five minutes' becomes the biggest yawn on the planet :rolleyes:

I think both have their place but on the whole here I prefer photos and a write up, and perhaps a video option if the OP is confident about sharing.

I absolutely detest those drunken cameraman type videos though; the ones where someone thinks it's 'arty' to give the viewer travel sickness :yuck: as they swing it around like a bad disco.

Ah, each to their own. If you're going to do a video though, for heavens sake do a script and a run through first, or learn to really edit hard.

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE