Pictish Wolf Satchel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Another satchel fresh from the workshop :)

Made from soft/supple 3mm veg tan with a 1.6-2mm panel stitched on the front, tooled with the Pictish Wolf from the Keillor stone in Scotland. Closure is a simple antler toggle. Adjustable strap with a brass buckle. All hand saddle-stitched.

Approx dimensions are 22cm long, 18-20cm tall, and 5-6cm deep. The strap is about 1cm wide so very lightweight. A rather simple, light and compact wee bag.

£125. Please PM me to secure. Thanks

HalfGoatLeatherwork Pictish Wolf Satchel 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
You make some remarkable things mate, that wolf is a beautiful rendition. How old is the original Scottish artwork on the stone?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
You make some remarkable things mate, that wolf is a beautiful rendition. How old is the original Scottish artwork on the stone?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks :) The stone itself dates from the 8th century and is just outside of Coupar Angus. The carving is pretty hard to make out, but was re-drawn by an artist by the name of Craig Low. It was his rendition I used for this as it flows so nicely. It also resembles the Ardross wolf somewhat too which is clearer on the actual stone.

Thank you :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE