Photography Help.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
I did an evening class once a week at an adult education centre and I liked it. It gives you an excuse for taking peoples' photo, as well: "I'm doing a photography class."

Libraries always have good books. I never bought one for the basics.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Hey,

I'm wanting to get into photography and have just bought a Canon EOS 400D, does anyone know any good websites with tutorial like things such as using Apaturs, ISO's, Shutter speeds etc.

Cheers.
I don't think you can go too far wrong with

"The Kodak Most Basic Book of Digital Photography"
I have
"Kodak Guide to 35mm Photography: Techniques for Better Pictures " and it is one of the best book for novices I've read.
as forums go, why not check your local papershop, but a mag on taking pictures then check to see if they have a forum you can join
http://www.photoanswers.co.uk/Commu...nding/Forum-Categories/Topic/?&topic-id=63662

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Michel Langfords Basic photography (Latest edition <7th i think>)
It was the basic first year bible when i did my photography degree, easy to read with everything you could want to know about photography without going into it too deeply.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have, I'm not overly familiar with Canon, I shoot Nikon, but the basics are universal. Don't be afraid to ask, silly questions welcome :)

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
Thanks everyone, Ive been snapping away at everything, its funny how annoyed someone can get if you set the camera on multishot and take like 1000 pics of them .....especially if they are eating

lmao! I'm not the only one that does that then :D My family have all but banned me from appearing with a camera at anything but 'special family occasions' - I and camera = persona non grata!
On the other side of the coin, I doubt your computer hard drive particularly likes 1000 pics at a time either, especially if you shoot RAW! For that reason alone I try to avoid using continuous shooting, though the camera's usually left in that mode just in case. Glad to see you enjoying it though. Photography's great!! :D

WildGarlic

Jan 9, 2007
Aberdeenshire
www.neeps.co.uk
Best way to do it is to get out there with your camera and take photos - changing the apertures, shutter speeds etc to see what effect it has. That's the beauty of digital - you can experiment as much as you like, just make sure you've got a big enough card!

I can recommend http://digital-photography-school.com/ - there is a very informative blog, how-to sections, examples and a forum too. Friendly and suitable for photographers of all abilities.

WildGarlic

Jan 9, 2007
Aberdeenshire
www.neeps.co.uk
On the other side of the coin, I doubt your computer hard drive particularly likes 1000 pics at a time either, especially if you shoot RAW! For that reason alone I try to avoid using continuous shooting, though the camera's usually left in that mode just in case. Glad to see you enjoying it though. Photography's great!! :D

I had to buy a new computer because of the number of photos I'd uploaded!!! I now shoot in RAW and there are fewer photos but they are of course a much larger size!

Anyone use Flickr to share their photos?

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
I had to buy a new computer because of the number of photos I'd uploaded!!!

ditto... 250GB, currently I'm on the last 40gig. I also have an external hard drive for backups, I think there's going to be a need for a second on my shopping list so I can get rid of all the pics off here.
Video used to be worse though. DV at 3.5 MB/s to DVCPRO HD for 1080i60 - 14MB/s, they used to just eat my PC. Makes you appreciate photography!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE