photo upload problem

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi i was wondering if someone could help me out, when i try to post a photo using the attachment file i,m told that the photo size File Too Large. Limit for this filetype is 39.1 KB. Your file is 49.1 KB. I had already resized the image to small but it's still to big to upload onto forum. Please could anyone shed some light on how to make the image even smaller as to allow me to upload on to the forum.

many thanks.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
what format are you using ?

if it's just for a normal photo then a jpeg is going to be best really, will get the filesize down the most.
If it's of somthing with more "text" like detail, then use a gif, less colours but it will be crisper.

Things like png's are good but do have a much bigger file size.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Giancarlo, all my pictures are jpeg's and when resized to small they are still to large in format to post up onto the forum. Any ideas about how to get them smaller would be of great help.

thanks

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
hmm, a 40k jpeg can hold quite a fair bit of data, it could be still quite big...
i'd say anything at 640 x 480 should fit under that 40kb limit

send me the pic if you want and i'll have a look at it and see what the problem is.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Thanks Giancarlo, but i think i have found the problem. My wife has just shed some light on the situation,it seems my digi camera image size was set to high :rolleyes: so i have reset it and that has done the trick now the image is down to 24kb's.Thanks for the offer and sorry if i have wasted you time. Me and technology just don't go hand in hand ;)

Thanks again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE