Phoneutria fera

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Spiders.....Yuck, hate them and have nothing to do with them....I stay away from then, they stay away from me....both sides are happy! lol :eek:):

PaganWolf mentioned in the Camel Spider thread that he used to be a bit of a spider buff....not sure what you wanted to know about them but he's likely to have an idea or two.... :biggthump

Just looked them up, it says in this website that the "Wondering Spider" is one of the most dangerous, aggressive and deadly poisonous spiders in the world, not to mention one of the fastest......nice! :eek:):

http://www.rochedalss.eq.edu.au/spider/wandering.htm

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
:yikes: Might I strongly suggest a jam jar and a piece of card.....yuck...hate them, hate them, hate them!!!!

Hey....just looking at that site I posted, have you seen the photo's of the Recluse spider bites....? ? ? The one on his leg is about the size of a small side plate!!!! :yikes:

:spider:

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
shinobi said:
Yeah, thanks for that Phil. Just what I wanted to see before I went to bed :yikes:

Martin

Be fair Martin...the General is in north Wales...even if it is the fastest spider in the world it won't be at your place till moring at least...lol :rolmao:

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
I was asked to identify a big brown spider found in a london tea and coffee importers warehouse turned out to be one of these girls, lucky i got it and secured it when i did as the egg sack she was carrying hatched out a couple of days after, i believe it to be the most venomous spider in the new world, they are incredibly fast and very skitish if she bites you theres a high possibility that you will die :shock: unless you know what you are doing do not try and catch or get near one of these lovelys as if it bites you and you are invenomated with its neurotoxin your body will shut down very quickly like turning off a light switch, you gotta love spiders eh! i would be suprised if you have one of these critters in your nanas though!

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Paganwolf said:
I was asked to identify a big brown spider found in a london tea and coffee importers warehouse turned out to be one of these girls, lucky i got it and secured it when i did as the egg sack she was carrying hatched out a couple of days after, i believe it to be the most venomous spider in the new world, they are incredibly fast and very skitish if she bites you theres a high possibility that you will die :shock: unless you know what you are doing do not try and catch or get near one of these lovelys as if it bites you and you are invenomated with its neurotoxin your body will shut down very quickly like turning off a light switch, you gotta love spiders eh! :naughty:

Thanks Jp....now I'm as scared as Martin about going to bed!!!! :shock:

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Paganwolf said:
neurotoxin, attacks the nervous system shuts you down like an off switch.

JP I think The General was talking about the horrendous looking photo's of the Recluse Spider bites in the link I posted below....they use Necrotic venom....

Don't know which is worse....lights off and all over quick....or slowly turning into one big weeping open sore...... :yikes: This is why I don't like Spider....at least with Mamals you more or less know where you stand! lol

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
It's not the Spiders coming from the Generals direction I'm worried about, It's the 100's of tons fresh freight that come into the country on BA aircraft everyday. Whenever theres a problem in the freight bays, In I go without a care in the world. Well not any more !! :eek:): These things are meant to be be fumigated before departure. Last week we had a report of a "Gecko sized lizard" in one of the Galleys on the aircraft.

Martin

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
It's all starting....grab your bail out bag and head to the hills, insects are taking over the world...it's TEOTWAWKI.....

Oh heck...wrong forum...sorry guys, right off to bed as I'm just making a mess of this thread now....sorry General, good luck with your little fury friend....be careful....

Night all...

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
bambodoggy said:
JP I think The General was talking about the horrendous looking photo's of the Recluse Spider bites in the link I posted below....they use Necrotic venom....

Don't know which is worse....lights off and all over quick....or slowly turning into one big weeping open sore...... :yikes: This is why I don't like Spider....at least with Mamals you more or less know where you stand! lol
i know the ones i have them if anyone wants them :shock: i think i sent them to Doc a while beck as i didnt want to post them on the thread ,it would put you off your sausage and mash :yikes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE