Petzl headtorch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
Thats a good idea, it can be frustrating using the accessory filter pack on the standard Tikka as you have to remove the clear lens, replace it with a red one, then swap back over to the clear, without dropping anything on the floor.

How much was it?

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
"Officially" it sells for ca € 33,- but since I buy it at cost (working in an outdoor-shop has its merits :) ) it is considerable less.
I deliberately choose the simpler Tactikka over its big brother the Tactikka PLUS. This because I dont want to switch constantly through four different modi (high, mediu, low and strobe) with a very stupidly designed pushbutton.. On and off is what I want. And three Led give more than enough light, so why spend € 10,- more?
Of course our customers like to buy the stuff with more gadgets :yelrotflm

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Strange - I've got one of those but it has 4 led's not three.

Edited - just noticed it also says PLUS - and i like gadgets! :rolleyes:

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
I have the tikka plus, but now wish i'd spent the few extra quid on the TACTIKKA plus. much easier to swap between clear and red filters :D

But i do like the 3 different levels of light (althought the strobe is annoying) as its not very polite to have a glaring light round a campfire, but sometimes you need a bit of light when doing something or another and the fulll beam is a bit too bright for it.

JM

Forager
Sep 9, 2003
Left
I have recently got a Tikka XP and this thing just works extremely well. The wide angle lens is sprecially useful. It outputs is 1,5 to 2x that of a tikka +, and the light spectrum is more yellowish, less blue/extra white..

3 modes, + the boost mode which gives amazing light for a few seconds...

Also they are water resistant.

I have given the thing some 1.5 AAA energizer lithium batteries (very light and outlasts up to 7 times an alkaline for some 4 times the price), breaking for once my rule of using rechargeable NiMh.

And that makes it a really good light... though not really that cheap.

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
I have tried [and still own] several examples of head torch and reckon the best of the bunch must be the Tikka XP. Versatile, compact, lightweight, excellent battery life and also fitted with a water resistant seal on the battery case opening. [not all models have this]

Produit_Image_555.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE