Petrol and Diesel Shortages

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Not here, but then we're right in the middle of the central belt, and within maybe five minutes drive of the house I can get petrol at eight petrol stations or supermarket sites.

Reactions: TeeDee

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I had a real scare last week in Suffolk; running on fumes, first two garages the sat nav sent me to had no diesel. I started thinking about how I would cope - blind, old dog in the back, no way I could leave her in the sun, how do I get fuel to me? Luckily, the next garage, a few miles further on, had diesel. I kept the tank topped up for the rest of the week!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Reading BBC news, one UK issue is the apparent lack of qualified HGV (Heavy Goods Vehicles) drivers. That will kill your distribution. Big money here for drivers.
Cousin of mine did that, hauling diesel, petrol, oils & lubes. Hung up his keys when he turned 45 years old with no debts at all.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Only problem here in BC is that it (gas/petrol) is stupidly expensive compared to elsewhere in Canada, and definitely compared to the US.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Only problem here in BC is that it (gas/petrol) is stupidly expensive compared to elsewhere in Canada, and definitely compared to the US.

Really. Sorry to hear that. Here is the current UK averages.
135p UK is about 235 CAD. :)

National and Regional​

Petrol​

Highest – London has recorded the highest price for unleaded at 136.3 p/litre.

Lowest – Northern Ireland has recorded the lowest price for unleaded at 131.9 p/litre.

Diesel​

Highest – The South East has recorded the highest diesel price at 137.8 p/litre.

Lowest – Northern Ireland has the cheapest diesel at 132.7 p/litre.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Not noticed or seen any shortages around here.
But then I don't drive that much so don't go to the petrol station that often - a full tank will last me the whole month, sometimes more.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
There are diesel shortages in my area. Every garage in town is out. Good job I have 80ltrs of it stored in my garage....

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Diesel is around 140p here in the affluent southeast.
I have seen it at 146.9p in Kent for Diesel, mainly high prices seen at Shell Stations. Currently paying 138.9p for Diesel on the work routes, and that is pretty much the standard price going near me.

The super unleaded (e5) is at 157.9p/l, and run out...need it for my chainsaw

Reactions: Kadushu

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I’ve put a 10ltr jerrycan in the boot, but to be honest it’s not a worry here.

Have ordered 32ltrs of decent paraffin though. Lamps and stoves just in case we get supply problems with Calor.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Average price of diesel in Oxfordshire is 137p a litre. If the price goes up much more, I'll be able to double the value of my van by filling the tank.

I used to reckon the cost of a tank was the same as my state old age pension. I wish that went up at a similar rate.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Diesel is around 140p here in the affluent southeast.

You guys just rock up , open your wallets and make it rain!!
We still trade in Turnips and carrots down 'ere.

Gets quite difficult when you want to split a Cauliflower and no ones got the right change I can tell you..

• Haha
Reactions: Kadushu

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Gets quite difficult when you want to split a Cauliflower and no ones got the right change I can tell you..

I've got a couple of broccoli if it's any help?

(Actually, your post reminded me to harvest the manglewurzle seed I've saved from a 'wurzle I've grown on after I found it in the road last year).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE