Penny stove

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
5772a7ea-7184-9849.jpg

The good cans for penny stoves without embossing are on offer in coop. Been waiting years to get US style cans!

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
bit late on the advice i know, but, they always have this style can in my local sainsbury. sorry for the utterly useless advice :)

stuart

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
bit late on the advice i know, but, they always have this style can in my local sainsbury. sorry for the utterly useless advice :)

stuart

Hi Stuart - this style of can is fairly usual and can be found anywhere - the key is the logo which is usually slightly embossed over the rim meaning you can't get an airtight seal. Uk cans have the embossed logo, so this can is fairly unusual. I've checked all the major supermarkets so I'm guessing if your supermarket stocks it it's a rare place!

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
.....the key is the logo which is usually slightly embossed over the rim meaning you can't get an airtight seal. Uk cans have the embossed logo, so this can is fairly unusual......

i missed that bit in the OP, i know exactly what you mean, i'm fairly certain that the ones i got from sainsbury (to use as an ultra-light pot) were embossed.

i guess my advice was even worse than useless then :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE