Peak oil

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grahoom

Forager
May 27, 2005
oxford
pathmusick.hermetech.net
i dont know why a lot more effort isn't put into converting vehicles to use bio-fuels like veg oil, or even better hemp oil.

hemp as a plant is wonderful, all of the plant can be used, from making fine materials, to food, to fuels.

here is a good link

http://www.dieselveg.com/

all about converting diesel engines to veg engines.

Joules

May 24, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Likewise the beauty of ethnol,methnol tech, is you can easilly store the fuels. Raw hydrogen, been a great fuel, has a major snag in that it leeches from just about every tank, container you keep it in at any pressure... Think tiny atoms popping through big gaps in metal, rubber, plastic molecules... This is why the prefered method is to use hydrogen directly from electrolosis... Of course the water from the fuel cell is very pure and ideal for watering down some of that alcohol fuel to make an excellent beverage.... :eek:

Joules

Joules

May 24, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
grahoom said:
i dont know why a lot more effort isn't put into converting vehicles to use bio-fuels like veg oil, or even better hemp oil.

hemp as a plant is wonderful, all of the plant can be used, from making fine materials, to food, to fuels.

here is a good link

http://www.dieselveg.com/

all about converting diesel engines to veg engines.

:D just suggest this to the local petroleum plant... after they throw you out less your knackers, you'll have a vague idea why they don't investigate it much... Same goes for the vegie based plastics, they are trying to stop, and bury the technology...

Joules

Your only paranoid when their not out to get you...

grahoom

Forager
May 27, 2005
oxford
pathmusick.hermetech.net
Joules said:
:D just suggest this to the local petroleum plant... after they throw you out less your knackers, you'll have a vague idea why they don't investigate it much... Same goes for the vegie based plastics, they are trying to stop, and bury the technology...

Joules

Your only paranoid when their not out to get you...

this is true - and i guess the fact the uk government dont have fuel duty on veg oil.

but - i am buying a boat (to convert and live on) and i think i will convert the diesel engine (or at least try) to veg oil. - doubt anyone will notice (besides its smelling like a chip shop).

;)

Joules

May 24, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
grahoom said:
this is true - and i guess the fact the uk government dont have fuel duty on veg oil.

but - i am buying a boat (to convert and live on) and i think i will convert the diesel engine (or at least try) to veg oil. - doubt anyone will notice (besides its smelling like a chip shop).

;)

27.1p duty on bio/veg diesel for road use. I heat my workshop on diesel, and need to see about converting to bio products. Good luck with the boat, I looked down that route, been involved in some design work for them too when my CAD hat is on. Watch out though, the Gov is after scrapping the red diesel discount for boat use, so it figures they will screw you on bio too, if it all goes through.

Joules

grahoom

Forager
May 27, 2005
oxford
pathmusick.hermetech.net
Joules said:
Watch out though, the Gov is after scrapping the red diesel discount for boat use, so it figures they will screw you on bio too, if it all goes through.

best nip down to my local chippie and get some under the counter *nudge *nudge.

it seems a common trait of the government to try and screw you any which way they can.

Joules

May 24, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
grahoom said:
best nip down to my local chippie and get some under the counter *nudge *nudge.

it seems a common trait of the government to try and screw you any which way they can.

Me! cynical never.... They always have our best interests at heart.

Joules :(

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
grahoom said:
Don't worry,as soon as it becomes popular they will be in there like a shot.At the moment the cost of collecting tax outweighs income.As soon as the balance shifts,they will move like a very fast thing.

Motorbike Man said:
Do a google around for terms like 'hidden technology' 'suppressed patents' that kind of thing and you'd be surprised at what comes up. 'Tesla turbine' is a good one for starters :cool:

The major oil companies buy patents all the time just to stop anything that might give people freedom. :( and that might save the planet from total destruction.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Motorbike Man said:
Do a google around for terms like 'hidden technology' 'suppressed patents' that kind of thing and you'd be surprised at what comes up. 'Tesla turbine' is a good one for starters :cool:

Too much conspiracy theory on the web.
"The USAF has technology from extraterrestrials who crashed in the Arizona desert"
"Nikola Tesla discovered lossless, wireless electrical power transmission that would solve the world's power problems"
etc. etc. ad nauseam...

Much of the work into Stirling engines, Tesla turbines, and other "alternative" technologies is going to come back into play as new materials make the designs more practical.

Designs that were impossible to make into machines back in the late 19th and early 20th centuries will become possible thanks to polymers, ceramics and composite materials.

Keith.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE