Peak District Bushcraft meets 2016

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pete K

Forager
Nov 13, 2012
Derbyshire
www.facebook.com
Hi all.
We've a good selection of meet weekends up in our private woodland over 2016. The wood is on the edge of Whaley Bridge and is approx. 8 acres. We have a composting loo and some basic camp furniture and a parachute shelter already up there. There is on site parking in a private compound.
The meets are mainly organised via Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/574805032638923/
If you are not a user please feel free to message or email me and I'll send you the dates and answer any questions.
There is a page on our company site with more details and the site rules: http://www.peakinstruction.com/woodland.htm

Meet run from Friday afternoon (3pm is) to Sunday evening (6pm). A visit for all or part of the meet is £10.
We have 10 dates for this year and to make a saving for our regulars we've created a membership group. Membership is £50 for 2016 and entitles you to attend all advertised meets in that period for free and to potentially arrange your own with other members at rate of £5 per 24 hours. Visits to the woods are dependant on my Bushcraft business and other logging operations but will be accommodated where possible.

The meets are not overseen and you are free to do as you please within reason. We have some basic rules which follow the lines of leave all living plants as they are, don't build a stupid big bonfire and waste wood, have a social beer but getting hammered or off your head on drugs will not be tolerated and basically don't be an idiot. Come and be social in main camp or find your own little corner for the weekend, totally up to you.
It would be great to get some more regulars up here and it would help me secure the site for use in the long term.
Cheers for reading,
Pete

Pete K

Forager
Nov 13, 2012
Derbyshire
www.facebook.com
Meets normally run 3pm Fri to 6pm Sunday. £10 per meet or £50 to attend any or all 2016 meet.
Next meet Feb 19th to 21st
then
April 15th to 17th
May 6th to 8th
May 27th to 29th
July 1st to 3rd
July 29th to 31st
Aug 26th to 28th
Sept 30th to Oct 2nd
Nov 4th to 6th

hammockhead

Apr 30, 2012
manchester
HI Pete sounds like something i could be interested in. if i came on the motor bike do you think it would be safe or should i stick with the car?
cheers Neil

Apr 14, 2016
Cambridgeshire
Hi Pete

I am recently getting back into this wild camping marlarky, is it OK if I turn up for the 6th May meet?

Could do with a few pointers as well, have some ambitious ideas for another time and after picking a few brains.

Pete K

Forager
Nov 13, 2012
Derbyshire
www.facebook.com
Hi chaps, sorry for the delay in replying but Id had no notifications so didn't think to check.
Hammockhead - Bike will be fine, we've a gated car park.
Grumpygit - You'd be very welcome to come along. There are usually a great bunch at the meets and always seem happy to help those who ask.
For both you guys, I'll be opening up about 6pm today and then I can pop by tomorrow if need be, about 5pm. If you want locations just email me info(at)peakinstruction.com and I'll send them. If you can pay by PayPal that is easier for me than chasing cash. Everything you need to know is here: http://www.peakinstruction.com/woodland.htm

Pete K

Forager
Nov 13, 2012
Derbyshire
www.facebook.com
Next meet this weekend!
I know that not everyone on here is on our Facebook group so I wanted to post this here too.
We are considering the future of the site and may need to close at the end of this year.
Basic details are as follows:

Hi all and thanks for reading this.
As some of you may know, I’ve recently been thinking about letting the woodland lease go at the end of 2016. The site is lovely and I’ve really enjoyed the company of bushcrafters and clients up there. This is my 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] year leasing the site and, although we do get busy periods, the income from the site has not yet justified the cost to me.

The offer of a ‘Membership’ of £50 was initially received well. I had enough people display an interest to cover half the lease and keep the site open. Sadly, only a handful of individuals actually took me up on it, those guys I thank greatly for their vote of confidence. Others have been regular meet attenders as in previous years, and their visits are also very much appreciated and help towards the costs.
I suspect what was on offer for £50 was not enough to entice people to open their wallets and so I will abandon that idea for another. All £50 memberships paid for up to now are still perfectly valid until Dec 31[SUP]st[/SUP] 2016, when the lease will expire.
All advertised meets will be run as per the dates listed on the Facebook group.

As a potentially last option for keeping our woods open and available for bushcraft and camping, I invite you to consider the following ‘co-operative’ approach.
If I can secure 4 or more ‘shareholders’ at a rate of £150 each then I will be able to justify another year to hold the lease. This fee is a large jump up from the previous membership but what I am offering is total access. You, like me, would have access to use the woodland as an individual at any time. The only restrictions (I will get these written down properly) would be if the landowner has restricted access due to works, I have a business group up there (even then we can work round that) and that you would have to abide by all the same terms of use that I do as the lease holder. This is basic ‘don’t chop trees down’ stuff. Your kids are included if you have any and a +1 would be allowed. Bringing a group of your own friends etc. would only be £5 per 24 hour block for each of them.
You would have the code and would not have to seek permission to use the site, only notify me and the other users. This would run 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Jan 2017 to 31[SUP]st[/SUP] Dec 2017 but would need paying for by the end of Nov 2016. I need to know that early if it will work as that is the notice period I must give to cancel the lease. No exceptions, if I don’t have enough backers by Nov then the site will close. This is not an ultimatum, I simply have to give notice to leave the lease or I’m due another year’s fees. Anyone joining this co-operative now will have full and immediate access from the date of their payment and not need to wait until the New Year.
Should we get a deluge of shareholders then we’ll adjust the price down. This is not a profit making exercise; I just want to see the wood in use long term. I can also see no reason to end the monthly meet for £10 system if the lease is kept for 2017.
I wanted to notify all the users as early as possible that closure was being considered and also state that no final decision has been made nor is likely until October.
Pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE