Pc ***** is not responding............

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
The above thread relates to explorer.exe and not iexplore.exe, 2 very seperate programs, also the hang types do not match, the suggested corrective measures however could still apply given that 3rd party toolbars are often classed as PUP (potentially unwated programs) by most AV programs.

straight from the horses mouth,(don't look at it there though) marylin from microsoft,

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-performance/windows-explorer-freezing-problem-event-name/0c136176-32dd-46e6-a1a9-e05d69d7e024

or :

bypassing anything technical with windows xp.

Edit:

there may be trojans, mallware or viruses.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
The above thread relates to explorer.exe and not iexplore.exe, 2 very seperate programs, also the hang types do not match, the suggested corrective measures however could still apply given that 3rd party toolbars are often classed as PUP (potentially unwated programs) by most AV programs.

add ons of somesort, malware and updates included, seems to be the common answer.

Not an exact match. Google your problems or take it to someone, they're not that expensive for a couple of hours work. I reinstall software after formatting the harddrive on computers every so often to get them running fast, only way I know how.

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/apphangb1-iexploreexe-80600118828-hang-type-6144/d044b8b5-e85c-43a8-b316-75e9cd4b17dc

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_vista/lock-ups-apphangb1-application-name-iexploreexe/3bb9b9f6-6a49-4847-8ddd-b0ee24313cf8

social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4a97d5ee-e28c-4864-83ba-7ee9a668d66d/problem-with-event-name-apphangb1?forum=vblanguage

and one not from the horses mouth

social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/c9d2f912-c40c-46dd-b376-a83c1318bc95/apphangb1-problem-with-internet-explorer

edit.

Yup the only way for laymen is the format, reinstall. A number of computers on here will probably have mass request information software on from people like anonymous. God knows what else.

Last edited:

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Wulf where abouts in south Yorkshire you? If you want your laptop looking at I can do that for you. I fix computers for a living.

Im in doncaster mate..............
Since downloading Google chrome the errors dont sem to cause any of the problems i was having.
However,I did a scan type thing last night and its telling me i have some driver faults/corrupt files............this is all above my head:dunno:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE